Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
What is the big freakin deal? If you want to use an indicator use the indicator. If you do not want to use the indicator, do not use the indicator. This to me is about as silly an issue as if you wear a mask or not. I do not see how this is going to help anyone or hurt anyone to call balls and strikes which ultimately is what we are out there to do.

Peace
Jeff:

Can't you be objective enough to see at least see a perceived hostility in your post?

I do think you're wrong in that if an umpire has the focus to go through a game without an indicator he will benefit on his focus on tracking pitches.

Is is a significant improvement? Probably not. Is it worth discussing from time to time? Absolutely.

Tim.
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RPatrino Send a message via Yahoo to RPatrino
You might recall several long, involved threads started by a dufus ( who is no longer with us) who thought it would be interesting to talk about every item in his equipment bag, including his cup!!

Bob P.

-----------------------
We are stewards of baseball. Our customers aren't schools or coaches or conferences. Our customer is the game itself.
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 02:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
Jeff:

Can't you be objective enough to see at least see a perceived hostility in your post?
If there is hostility perceived, then that is the problem of people like you that want to always find conflict in a person's statement. You cannot see my expressions as I ask this question or know my character as to why I am asking the question in the first place. I also told you there was nothing more than me asking a question and you once again are trying to convince yourself of the motive.

Quote:
I do think you're wrong in that if an umpire has the focus to go through a game without an indicator he will benefit on his focus on tracking pitches.
Who said there was anything wrong with that? Once again focus on the question that was asked. Is there a problem if someone wants to use and indicator or decides not to use an indicator? What difference should it make to any of us if the particular umpire gets their job done appropriately?

Quote:
Is is a significant improvement? Probably not. Is it worth discussing from time to time? Absolutely.
I did not ask if there was improvement, I asked if there was a problem if an umpire chooses to use an indicator or not? If there is a problem, why is it a problem? If it is a problem to you, should it be a problem if they personally decide to do what works for them? I also did not ask if the question was able to be discussed or not. Of course it has been discussed. Just do a search and you will get some indication how much it has been discussed.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

It's become more and more painfully obvious to me why others dislike you, Jeff.

I know, I know, you don't care what anyone thinks of you, and theirin lies the problem.

Tim.
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 04:07pm

Thumbs down Just Do It

WHY YOU BE SWEATIN' THIS, TIMBO? PUT YOUR INDICATOR IN YOUR POCKET AND START THE GAME WITHOUT IT. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE REMEMBERING THE COUNT OR IT DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT, PUT IT BACK IN YOU HAND AND USE THE DAMN THING.

THIS SHOULD ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS BETTER THAN ANY FORUM THREAD.

PEACE
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 04:30pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrego
Only because I was used to using my Left Thumb on the Strike Wheel. I added the Right Thumb for balls because it was the only thumb I had left.

I decided on this new mechanic on the fly out of desperation (the mother of all invention). It worked, I just hope I don't cut off the circulation in both my legs on a 3-2 count !
Good one !
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 07:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:

I know, I know, you don't care what anyone thinks of you, and theirin lies the problem.

Tim.
I really do not care that other people dislike me Tim when there only interaction with me is on the internet. I get along very well with people that I deal with on a daily basis thank you very much.

Do you want to answer my question or do you want tell me why you think you know what I meant or why I asked the question in the first place?

Peace
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 08:14pm

Quote:

Tim.
Yeah Jeff, see it Tim's way or your life has no meaning. Tim your obsessive complex disorder is painfully obvious. Dr. Phil might have an opening on his show. You should check into it.

On today's show. People who feel they need to be loved and always right on the Internet chat rooms.
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 08:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

Talking Lol!!!!

He got you on this one Tim.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWL
Yeah Jeff, see it Tim's way or your life has no meaning. Tim your obsessive complex disorder is painfully obvious. Dr. Phil might have an opening on his show. You should check into it.

On today's show. People who feel they need to be loved and always right on the Internet chat rooms.

I would engage you once again in a little banter were you not so limited in your mental faculties, PWL. It's just not fair for me to do so anymore, so I'll leave you to your pontification on phsycology.

Tim.
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 09:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I would engage you once again in a little banter were you not so limited in your mental faculties, PWL. It's just not fair for me to do so anymore, so I'll leave you to your pontification on phsycology.

Tim.
Now who is attacking with hostility?

I just asked a question to spark a conversation about a widely discussed issue on this board (and many other internet sites). Now you are talking about someone's mental capacity and name calling someone that is taking you on. Now I did not attack anyone or call them names, but I am the bad guy because I asked a question?

Tim, I think you need to look in the mirror before you start thrown stones at people. If you did not like the question then say that. Do not question my motives to ask a question on a discussion board.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 09:53pm
In Memoriam

Oh, my !
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Okay, Jeff. Fair enough. How about we back up and you ask whatever question is was you were trying to ask, because I didn't see you asking much of a question. What you asked was, and I quote:
Quote:
"What's the big freakin deal?"
I don't know, Jeff, why don't you tell me what's the big freakin deal with Nick just making an anecdotal post? I didn't see him tell anyone his way was the only way. I just saw him give his opinion on his experience, so it shouldn't have been a deal at all.

Then you made more of a statement with this next quote.
Quote:
"I just wonder why we are so obsessed of someone uses an indicator or not. "
Was there a question cloaked in here that I missed?

Tim.
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 10:12pm

Quote:
Now who is attacking with hostility?

I just asked a question to spark a conversation about a widely discussed issue on this board (and many other internet sites). Now you are talking about someone's mental capacity and name calling someone that is taking you on.
Jeff,

Are you blind, or what? Did you not see that PWL referred to Tim as obsessive-compulsive and recommended Dr. Phil? Of course you did, and you thought that insult was funny. But as soon as Tim cracked back on your boy PW, all of a sudden you find it to be hostile! Very hypocritical of you.

On the subject of indicators, I would be more impressed with posts that talked about working the plate without a mask. That would be worth discussing.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Apr 10, 2006, 10:18pm
Official Forum Member

a thread about a poster's experience of trying something that has been talked about for years, gets absolutely **** on.

i wonder what would happen if umpires were to go on strike and there was to be a discussion on working those games.
Closed Thread