The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

7)Proper rotation for a 4 man crew on the 60' diamond.

Have two of them stay in the parking lot.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 03:47pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by BigUmp56
7)Proper rotation for a 4 man crew on the 60' diamond... I am sure these all are quite remedial to you, but enlighten us poor newbie slobs!
Tee,

I too have wondered what the best way to rotate on a 60ft field is. If you could list the points from your most recent LL regional clinic, I would apprecieate it. Also, does you pal Andy K agree with all the rotations wich you have written out?
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Are you implying that you speak for others?
Read the posts in this thread again and you will see just how many players are on your team on this one.
I dont think you want to go there. Just sayin'
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry Tee

I never realized my email was shut off, just turned it back on for you. Send me what you want.

Andy
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 04:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Red face Relax Tee

Tee,

I read three sports boards on this site. I can tell you I just do not read the threads that are either a repeat the same topic or the topics I do not find interesting. It is really, really easy to do. Once you read the topic and the first post, you go to another thread or off the site. It is not hard at all to do. I agree that some people should do some research, but if they do not, just do not answer their questions or respond to their threads. You can even ignore the people you do not like. It is not very hard to do.

Peace
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Maybe Tee will listen to you

Maybe now that an equally well respected individual has said the same things us lowlife's have tried Tee can follow suit.

I hope so because both Tee's and Mr. Rutledge's post's when responding normally are very insiteful and I have learned a lot from these key posters.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 04:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Maybe Tee will listen to you

Quote:
Originally posted by 3appleshigh
Maybe now that an equally well respected individual has said the same things us lowlife's have tried Tee can follow suit.

I hope so because both Tee's and Mr. Rutledge's post's when responding normally are very insiteful and I have learned a lot from these key posters.
Tee will not listen to me. I just think I have been here long enough to know that every post is not for my eyes and I purposely ignore. I have been around long enough to know who to read and who to ignore. I have a lot of posts on this web site, but I know what not to read and what I find interesting. There is a baseball thread on the basketball board that goes on every year. I personally do not like the discussion because it is a constant talk about the Sox and the Yankees. And I am not that into MLB that I want to constantly read this thread. I have made my feelings public and it does not change anything. So now I just read the things that interest me and stay far away from that thread. I think Tee needs to do the same. The problem is Tee is one of the several individuals that come to the baseball board and think every opinion they give is law. Tee has never listened to me in the past and I can guarantee this thread will not change anything. This board is a smorgasbord of ideas and opinions. Just like guys in my several associations I belong to, you listen to some, you ignore the others. It is very easy to ignore things that do not interest you.

Peace
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Tim,

Whats with the WE ****? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
Are we choosing teams?

Are you implying that you speak for others?
Read the posts in this thread again and you will see just how many players are on your team on this one.

Nobody asked you a direct personal question, so there was really no need for you to respond to this thread.

If you felt this topic was " beneath you ", why didn't you just pass it over and let those who wished to respond to it do so without receiving criticizm from you?

I think to please you, I'll now post a list of topics for you to choose a couple from for discussion. I would challenge you to open a thread on one of these following topics so we can discuss REAL umpiring questions.

1)The different organizational takes on whether or not a fielder can committ obstruction while in the act of fielding a ball.

2)Contact avoidance requirement without malicious contact.

3)What situations require intent on the part of a runner or batter in regards to interference.

4)Who should take trouble catches on a 90' diamond in a 2 man crew working the "V".

5)The difference between protecting to a base or base awards on obstruction calls.

6)Proper rotation for a 4 man crew on the 90' diamond.

7)Proper rotation for a 4 man crew on the 60' diamond.

8)IFF not called when warranted.

9)Right handed 3rd to 1st pick off moves.

10)Throwing to second from the windup.

11)Appealing a missed base with multiple runners.

12)Shared responsibility calls.

13)Umpires interference.

14)Spectators interference.

15)Catchers balk.

I am sure these all are quite remedial to you, but enlighten us poor newbie slobs!

Tim.
Some of these questions have quick answers.

1. A fielder can obstruct while trying to field a batted ball if he muffed it and had to change positions to re-field it.

3. Intent is never relevant to batter interference. If he interferes, it's "interference," regardless. A runner must deliberately and wilfully interfere with the intent to break up a double play. Deliberate hindrance is also required on interference with a thrown ball.

4. If the 2-man crew is using the Vee, and the field umpire is inside, he has the Vee. (grin) If he's on the line, best bet is he takes trouble catches from centerfield coming in and to his left.

8. If the infield fly is in effect, and the umpires fail to call it - after the play is over, if they agree the batted ball was an infield fly, then they must insure that the defense did not get an unmerited double play. This could include returning runners to bases or calling out the batter-runner.

9. The 3-1 play is legal everywhere. In NCAA and OBR, the pitcher must disengage on his step to third before turning to throw (or feint) to first. In FED, he can step to third, remain on the rubber, wheel, and throw to first from the rubber.

10. Throwing to second is always legal if there's a runner there or a runner moving from first. Whether the pitcher is in the set or the wind-up is irrelevant.

15. There a two "catcher's balks." One occurs when he interferes with a runner coming home by stepping in front of the plate. Catcher interference, balk on pitcher. It's also illegal for him to leave the catcher's box before the time of the pitch (MLBUM interpretation) during an intentional walk - only. With a runner stealing, the catcher on a pitch-out can leave yesterday.

The others are more philosophical, except for (a) the 4-man rotation. Check PBUC for the correct mechanics; and (b) appeals with multiple runners. I've heard of appeals for a fourth and fifth advantagous out. I've yet to have someone construct a "reasonable" play where six outs were granted.

I'll leave the Zen questions to Roland. (grin)

[Edited by Carl Childress on Jul 28th, 2005 at 10:41 PM]
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 06:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Cool

Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I was only trying to make the point that there are only so many things that can be discussed without the topics beginning to repeat themselves.

I would be inclined to believe that there are a myriad of individuals from all walks of life that read these threads.
not all of them are experienced officials. Others may be, but who is Tee to judge what information is appropriate?

There has to come a time for the merry-go-round to slow down and let others jump on. I enjoy this forum greatly. I feel you have generated another excellent resource for amateure umpires to express their opinions and learn to be better at what they do on and off the field. I personnally don't feel the type of censorship that Tee aspires to enforce here on new members is intended for the common good of all. It appears to be a selfish attempt degrade those who don't measure up to his standards.

Tim.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 07:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I was only trying to make the point that there are only so many things that can be discussed without the topics beginning to repeat themselves.

I would be inclined to believe that there are a myriad of individuals from all walks of life that read these threads.
not all of them are experienced officials. Others may be, but who is Tee to judge what information is appropriate?

There has to come a time for the merry-go-round to slow down and let others jump on. I enjoy this forum greatly. I feel you have generated another excellent resource for amateure umpires to express their opinions and learn to be better at what they do on and off the field. I personnally don't feel the type of censorship that Tee aspires to enforce here on new members is intended for the common good of all. It appears to be a selfish attempt degrade those who don't measure up to his standards.

Tim.
I believe you've seen the light BigUmp, b/c I feel the exact same way. I could not have typed it better myself. Agreed on 100%. If you want only the "big dogs", start a new cite where you can only choose the umpires to come on to the thread, and have them take a test beforehand to prove their knowledge to see if they're qualified or not Tee. You're just scaring off people who want some answers, and people who want to learn.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11

I believe you should possibly find
another way of expressing your opinion,Dude.
You recently repetitive comments on oral sex
are neither needed,nor appreciated.
Grow up a little,huh? Many of us talked like
that when we were younger,only the difference is
most all of us grew out of it. Perhaps you will
soon.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 11:09pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by dudeinblue
So I say 2 things that could be considered offensive. In a recent post, Tim C called me a fuking idiot and a fukstick. But hey, fuk is not as offensive as dic* or homo is it? Wow
You tell people to give their opinion, even if it's to call you a "f---ing idiot" and when somebody does, you invite them to engage in a sexual act with you.

Garth's right: When are you going to be shown the door?
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 11:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Carl Childress
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
Quote:
7)Proper rotation for a 4 man crew on the 60' diamond... I am sure these all are quite remedial to you, but enlighten us poor newbie slobs!
Tee,

I too have wondered what the best way to rotate on a 60ft field is. If you could list the points from your most recent LL regional clinic, I would apprecieate it. Also, does you pal Andy K agree with all the rotations wich you have written out?
I believe LDUB sucks Tee's dic*. This guy takes up for him and compliments him every chance he gets. "Guys, Tee's article is the only one worth reading", "Tee, you're right again, of course", blah, blah, blah. You're funny LDUB.
I don't think you read LDUB's post very carefully. I heard irony dripping from every line.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 11:43pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Peruvian Send a message via Yahoo to Peruvian
1. Shoes are shined for each game.

2. Don't get lazy on your strike mechanic. Crisp and sharp, everytime.

3 Be to the site 30 mintes prior. Includes calling your scheduled partner to make sure you know each other will be there.

4. You have all day to make a safe/out call. Don't rush it.

5. NEVER have coaches or players throw returned foul balls to you. Always have someone run out and restock your supply. Chasing balls all over the field takes up time.

6. And speaking of time, as soon as a batted ball becomes foul, give the pitcher a new ball. There's no need for everyone to be looking to the parking lot to see where it landed.

7. If the pitcher takes his sweet time taking warm-up pitches, give him less than 5 pitches. In NHFS, he has one minute to complete his warm up. 2 extra minutes of warm up per half inning equals 28 minutes over 7 innings. Lots of time wasted.
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 11:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by LDUB
Quote:
Tee,

I believe LDUB sucks Tee's dic*. This guy takes up for him and compliments him every chance he gets. "Guys, Tee's article is the only one worth reading", "Tee, you're right again, of course", blah, blah, blah. You're funny LDUB.
What is wrong with trying to get rotation knowledge from Tee? He has worked more 60ft LL games in his life than anyone else I know.

Tee is a great guy. He taught me that the $40 Champion chest protector on e-bay is just as good as a Carlucci. I always assumed that a CP which costs so much less must not be as good as the expensive one, but Tee has set me straight.

If only everyone listened to Tee. He knows the path to the LLWS. Without listining to Tee, I would still not be using an idicator in the field.