Thread: Field Decorum
View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 28, 2005, 07:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigUmp56
Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I was only trying to make the point that there are only so many things that can be discussed without the topics beginning to repeat themselves.

I would be inclined to believe that there are a myriad of individuals from all walks of life that read these threads.
not all of them are experienced officials. Others may be, but who is Tee to judge what information is appropriate?

There has to come a time for the merry-go-round to slow down and let others jump on. I enjoy this forum greatly. I feel you have generated another excellent resource for amateure umpires to express their opinions and learn to be better at what they do on and off the field. I personnally don't feel the type of censorship that Tee aspires to enforce here on new members is intended for the common good of all. It appears to be a selfish attempt degrade those who don't measure up to his standards.

Tim.
I believe you've seen the light BigUmp, b/c I feel the exact same way. I could not have typed it better myself. Agreed on 100%. If you want only the "big dogs", start a new cite where you can only choose the umpires to come on to the thread, and have them take a test beforehand to prove their knowledge to see if they're qualified or not Tee. You're just scaring off people who want some answers, and people who want to learn.