Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jun 25, 2004, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Logic, not evident in Wheaton.

Quote:
Originally posted by WindyCityBlue
Gentlemen (and Jeff),

I am finished arguing this point. He's a moron.

Windy;

Most here reached that conclusion long ago. I recall that when Carl Childress first bumped up against Rut a few years ago he thought Rut was putting us on with his stupidity. Carl was convinced that Rut was deliberately acting stupid and was a troll planted to cause controversy with his outrageously moronic statements.

I have visions of T. Alan posing as Rut just to get a craphouse going. (T.Alan had been known to do that from time to time. Ask him about Lolly Tessa Ventors.)

Only when Bob Jenkins stepped forward to confirm that Rut was a real "person", did it dawn on us that it was possible for such a large amount of rampant stupidity to exist in one brain.

In that regard, McGriffs has surpassed this forum in dealing with Rut. Gary has taken to deleting all Rut posts as well as those of his tormenters. For now, this forum is Rut's only outlet so it will probably get worse.

I find this situation most humorous. The board that has been known for allowing everything, has censored Rut. The board that has been known for enforcing decorum, has become Rut's dumping ground for his rantings.

As Carl would say, Lah me

Peter
Old Sat Jun 26, 2004, 12:56am
Do not give a damn!!

Peter and WCB, you guys will never understand.

Well, if I am a dumbass, I am a pretty successful dumbass.

I work in many conferences and many sports. I was asked to be the Referee on my Football crew when we had to get rid of someone. I have been asked to speak or help out with many camps or clinics. I get many big games in all my sports. Am I the best official around? I will let you decide that. There have been many that have worked with me. There have been many that have seen me work. I openly admit that baseball is the step child of my 3 sports. Because it does not take the dedication or drive to be successful at it. So if I am a horrible umpire, who cares. I have worked exactly what I have wanted to my entire career. I have never worked a season where most of my games were not varsity. I worked college ball my very first year and maintained that schedule the following year. I usually get my baseball schedule in March a week or so before the season starts. This past year was the first year I can think I had games in December. I have in my short career worked a Football Playoff as an "Registered Official" two years ago. I worked my first Regional Chmapionship in Basketball last year, during my first year as a Certified Official. I work in about every conference in Chicago in basketball. In Baseball I recieved my first IHSA Assigned playoff, but worked two before in my first and second year when schools assigned it. I only work a few conferences in baseball, mostly in my backyard or less than an hour away from where I live. I do not like to travel for baseball that much. But have been known to go further on Saturday Mornings. Give me a great basketball game, I will go just about anywhere. I have a basketball game this coming year in Quincy, Illinois. There will be more people at that one game than I will have at all my baseball games next season. So you can take your Minor League Baseball and.......

I do not care about anyone's college schedule or Minor League schedule. I do not care about what people do in the summer. If I do not have a clue about umpiring, then I guess I will take your word for it. But I seem to get hired by the same people, go to the best schools that anyone assigns and work some pretty decent ball. So Windy, you can drop any name and say "they are concerned." I will tell you so what. Because my schedule this week will tell you exactly where my heart is and what I want to do. If I become successful in basketball, you can have your Minor League game. Because I will make much more money doing a single D1 Basketball game, then you will in one D1 Baseball game. I have never attended a baseball camp outside of a local camp and I know I probably never will. I am not trying to impress baseball assignors and dedicate my time to baseball outside of the High School Season.

Say whatever you like. Call me whatever name you wish. Guess what, you just make me laugh. Because I will never understand why anyone would ever care what I say in the first place. I know that I could never, ever come to my local group and say, "You know, Peter on Officiating.com said to do this." Or "WindyCityBlue says to do that." If I said that to a coach or fellow umpires and officials, they would not only have no idea who you guys are, they would not care. So if anyone tries to quote me and my philosophy, and you live in another state, you are dumber than anyone here. I might not be the best guy in the world, but I know my place in life and on this board. The guys that are respected in my state are not respected because of what people on the internet think. They got there by working games and being successful on the field or court. It is obvious that you live for other people's opinion that will never influence you one way or the other. I just will tell you to go F### yourself and move on.

Holla

Peace

[Edited by JRutledge on Jun 26th, 2004 at 02:19 AM]
Old Sat Jun 26, 2004, 01:26am
Do not give a damn!!

Re: Re: Logic, not evident in Wheaton.

Quote:
Originally posted by His High Holiness
In that regard, McGriffs has surpassed this forum in dealing with Rut. Gary has taken to deleting all Rut posts as well as those of his tormenters. For now, this forum is Rut's only outlet so it will probably get worse.

I find this situation most humorous. The board that has been known for allowing everything, has censored Rut. The board that has been known for enforcing decorum, has become Rut's dumping ground for his rantings.
Peter, you are just lying. For one, I have not posted there in days. They only got rid of the people like you that troll on the board and seemed to be obsessed with my name. The only place I have posted recently is the Football Board. But then again, you believe WCB is a well thought of umpire in our area as well. I know that you would like to believe that, but there are many that could give a damn about college umpires and Minor League umpires. They do not have the respect and admiration that a D1 Football or Basketball Official has in our area. But then again, we can all live in Fantasy land.

Peace
Old Sat Jun 26, 2004, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

You know guys this is getting real old, real fast. Why don't you take your arguments and disagreements somewhere else and leave the board to constructive things. Or at least agree to disagree.

Try and make Professionalism more than just a part time job.

Thank you.
Old Sat Jun 26, 2004, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Rut Posted: "I am a pretty successful dumbass."

'nuf said.
Old Mon Jun 28, 2004, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

1) I think the original question has been answered.

2) Most of the recent back-and-forth isn't adding to the discussion or advancing the art of officiating.

3) So, I'll close the thread.

Closed Thread