The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon May 10, 2004, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

I tried the GD a couple times and it was ok, but I did not get hit in the arm. If I got hit in the arm more often than my current stance I would lose interest very fast.
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up I've tried it

and love the low fatigue aspect, but the stance is much harder metally than physically. To just stand there with nothing between you and the pitcher when a catch set-up outside is soo hard mentally. I got hit 4 times yeaterday, but two were foul tips (tough nuggies) and two were complete catchers errors, both the missed the ball completely, no tip, or swing on either and just missed catching it, took one on the shoulder and one on the shin, didn't feel a thing thanks to the equipment.

I like it and I'm getting better at the mental aspect each game. I certainly seethe zone much clearer and it help raise my zone which was low 1-2 inches which I desparately needed.
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Re: I've tried it

Quote:
Originally posted by 3appleshigh
and love the low fatigue aspect, but the stance is much harder metally than physically. To just stand there with nothing between you and the pitcher when a catch set-up outside is soo hard mentally.
That is not unique to the Davis stance. Any stance used in the slot will have that result.