The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 02:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Hey, it has been proven no one really likes your advice at all.
The people that frequent this forum, yes! But this forum does not represent all of America. It just represents a few uptight officials that has to have it there way. Your way or no way. Sorry, I couldn't resist that.

Quote:
If you really worked for anyone of significance, you would know that you have little or no choice in who you work with in the first place. I can tell you if you work college ball, you are not going to tell an assignor you will not work with someone or they will just get rid of you and consider you the problem. Then you would be surprised! I can tell you have never worked those games before. Assignors are assignors for a reason. You do not tell your boss how to do their job. This is why I cannot believe you told an assignor you did not want to work with someone in a championship game.
Believe it or not big dog, I told them no. I turned back a college game this year, same reason. I also assign and maybe it's because of the way I feel about this. But I have respect for someone that says they prefer not to work with this person or that person. I bet this happens more often than not. You don't have to tell your assigner you don't like the guy, you just click the button unavailable this day, something unforeseen came up. The guy that asked me to work the C-Game was a friend and I could talk to him honesty.

Remember one thing JRUT. The laws of business in America is an open market society. When you are good at what you do. Someones going to want you, then you can dictate the terms.
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 03:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
The people that frequent this forum, yes! But this forum does not represent all of America. It just represents a few uptight officials that has to have it there way. Your way or no way. Sorry, I couldn't resist that.
I have talked to officials all over the country in person. This is not the only place I have have conversations with officials. You talk unlike any other official that has had any success. You sound more like a rookie that is trying to prove they know something. Successful officials that I have come in contact with do not talk like you in any way.

Believe it or not big dog, I told them no. I turned back a college game this year, same reason. I also assign and maybe it's because of the way I feel about this. But I have respect for someone that says they prefer not to work with this person or that person. I bet this happens more often than not. You don't have to tell your assigner you don't like the guy, you just click the button unavailable this day, something unforeseen came up. The guy that asked me to work the C-Game was a friend and I could talk to him honesty.[/QUOTE]

I have talked to a lot of officials that complain they had to work with a particular person. I would never suggest it never happens, but it is very rare. The ones that are able to choose are likely the top officials out the entire area and they can demand a lot of things. I guess it is possible you could have turned down a game for that stated reason (if you told the assignor that was the reason), but I seriously doubt you will get many opportunities outside of this "Championship game."

Quote:
Remember one thing JRUT. The laws of business in America is an open market society. When you are good at what you do. Someones going to want you, then you can dictate the terms.
First of all this is not the law of business at work. If someone does not want to not hire you because you are not reliable or that you are not trustworthy they can do that. I did not say someone can make you do anything, but they can decide you are not who they want to make the next call to.

Sometimes I wonder do you really understand what people are saying to you.

Peace
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 03:34pm

Quote:
I have talked to officials all over the country in person. This is not the only place I have have conversations with officials. You talk unlike any other official that has had any success. You sound more like a rookie that is trying to prove they know something. Successful officials that I have come in contact with do not talk like you in any way.
Whatever....
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 03:37pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Whatever....
Does that mean you do not have anything else to say?

Peace
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 04:14pm

Quote:
Does that mean you do not have anything else to say?

Peace
Yes! I give up. My head hurts arguing with you.
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 04:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Yes! I give up. My head hurts arguing with you.
Hee Hee.

Peace
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 05:09pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I'll agree with that 150%.
If Chuck Elias was in this hemisphere, he'd be on that like white on rice.

We're proud of you, Scrappy.
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 06:18pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
I cannot believe I missed that comment.

Peace
Can you imagine telling a college assignor that you're refusing an game because you don't want to work with the rest of the crew that he assigned to that game?

Lah me.........

Beam me up, Scotty.
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 10:29pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Get in get done get out. And T up the AC the next time he disregards the warning despite what the 'partner' said.
Old Wed Jan 10, 2007, 09:12am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplagrow
Is someone keeping a running tally of everything this guys does? Does he play pro ball, too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Can you imagine telling a college assignor that you're refusing an game because you don't want to work with the rest of the crew that he assigned to that game?
You don't have to tell the assigner anything, Mr. Knowitall. You just turn back the game, I'm unavailable that day. Serves the same purpose. BTW, I'm just curious, why do you keep track of every little thing I say? Why is it so important to you to over-emphasize what I say? If I say I work college or assign college, why is this news worth repeating? I'm going to be honest, some of you guys really act immature out here. I expect this type of child's play from grade school kids, but adults, particularly referees. I know you're trying to make me the joke, the village idiot, laugh at me behind my back type people. My question is why? Why is that so important to you? People say I like to start problems. Says things just to stir people up. This is the biggest hypocrisy on this forum. Do you ever stop to look at yourself? Or do you spend so much time laughing and making fun of others that you don't see yourself.

Just like Michael Jackson said, some of us need to stop and take a look at the man in the mirror.
If you want to make the world a better place,
take a look at yourself and make a....
Closed Thread