View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 09, 2007, 03:17pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
The people that frequent this forum, yes! But this forum does not represent all of America. It just represents a few uptight officials that has to have it there way. Your way or no way. Sorry, I couldn't resist that.
I have talked to officials all over the country in person. This is not the only place I have have conversations with officials. You talk unlike any other official that has had any success. You sound more like a rookie that is trying to prove they know something. Successful officials that I have come in contact with do not talk like you in any way.

Believe it or not big dog, I told them no. I turned back a college game this year, same reason. I also assign and maybe it's because of the way I feel about this. But I have respect for someone that says they prefer not to work with this person or that person. I bet this happens more often than not. You don't have to tell your assigner you don't like the guy, you just click the button unavailable this day, something unforeseen came up. The guy that asked me to work the C-Game was a friend and I could talk to him honesty.[/QUOTE]

I have talked to a lot of officials that complain they had to work with a particular person. I would never suggest it never happens, but it is very rare. The ones that are able to choose are likely the top officials out the entire area and they can demand a lot of things. I guess it is possible you could have turned down a game for that stated reason (if you told the assignor that was the reason), but I seriously doubt you will get many opportunities outside of this "Championship game."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Remember one thing JRUT. The laws of business in America is an open market society. When you are good at what you do. Someones going to want you, then you can dictate the terms.
First of all this is not the law of business at work. If someone does not want to not hire you because you are not reliable or that you are not trustworthy they can do that. I did not say someone can make you do anything, but they can decide you are not who they want to make the next call to.

Sometimes I wonder do you really understand what people are saying to you.

Peace