LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 12, 2013, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
ASA 10-1
NFHS 10-2-3g
NCAA 15.2...
I agree. this situation seems tailor-made for the god rule.

The notion of a trailing runner scoring first without passing is not covered in the rules, let alone what impact (if any) this may have on whether the lead runner is still forced.
Old Wed Jun 12, 2013, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Well, if we're using the "a plane just landed on the field during a play" rule, I can't argue with you.

West Houston Mike
Old Fri Jun 14, 2013, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member

xtremeump

Authoritative Opinion by Jay Miner for 2013 NYSSO Rules (Not an Official Interpretation) 06-14-13.

1. R2 from second base is not out for passing R1 from third base because R2 did not completely pass R1 (R/S #39). Therefore, R2’s run scores.

2. Because R2 from second legally scored, R2 is no longer a runner, and R1 from third must be tagged to be retired. Because R1 was not tagged and did touch the plate R1’s run also counts. R1 was not forced to home because R1 could theoretically return to third with no runner forcing R1 home.

3. The Home Team Wins 2-1. (Have the car running and facing out in the parking lot)

Note: This play requires an official interpretation and/or a casebook play.

Opinions may be sent to: [email protected]
Old Fri Jun 14, 2013, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeump View Post
Authoritative Opinion by Jay Miner for 2013 NYSSO Rules (Not an Official Interpretation) 06-14-13.

1. R2 from second base is not out for passing R1 from third base because R2 did not completely pass R1 (R/S #39). Therefore, R2’s run scores.

2. Because R2 from second legally scored, R2 is no longer a runner, and R1 from third must be tagged to be retired. Because R1 was not tagged and did touch the plate R1’s run also counts. R1 was not forced to home because R1 could theoretically return to third with no runner forcing R1 home.

3. The Home Team Wins 2-1. (Have the car running and facing out in the parking lot)

Note: This play requires an official interpretation and/or a casebook play.

Opinions may be sent to: [email protected]
Sorry, not accepted as authoritative opinion.
Old Fri Jun 14, 2013, 11:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
I agree. this situation seems tailor-made for the god rule.

The notion of a trailing runner scoring first without passing is not covered in the rules, let alone what impact (if any) this may have on whether the lead runner is still forced.
You know, I think RS #39 wording is suspect.

39. Passing a Runner. Passing a runner may occur while runners are advancing or returning to a base. Normally it occurs when a lead runner stops to see if a ball will be caught and the trail runner, also watching the ball, does not see the lead runner stopped. The trail runner, the runner doing the passing, is called out and the ball remains live. To pass a runner, the trail runner must pass the entire body of the lead runner, not just an arm or leg ahead of the trail runner

Note that it states that the passing runner must pass the entire body of the lead runner. It doesn't say that the passing runner's entire body must be in front of the lead runner's.
Old Sat Jun 15, 2013, 06:01am
Official Forum Member

xtremeump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
Sorry, not accepted as authoritative opinion.
Jay would love to hear from you please e-mail him and voice your opinion. I dare you.
Old Sat Jun 15, 2013, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Jay would love to hear from you please e-mail him and voice your opinion. I dare you.
Where do you get the ridiculous idea that a one-State interpreter who applies baseball to everything is any kind of dare to be challenged by any of us, let alone one who has proven himself like Steve?
Old Sat Jun 15, 2013, 09:06pm
Official Forum Member

xtremeump

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
Where do you get the ridiculous idea that a one-State interpreter who applies baseball to everything is any kind of dare to be challenged by any of us, let alone one who has proven himself like Steve?
Jay puts his e mail on here for all of you experts to teach him something. Do not feal challenged be enlightened. Jay checks his e mail almost as much of all of you experts come on this forum. Again he has invited you to contact him. I DARE YOU .
Nobody on hear will lol.
Old Sun Jun 16, 2013, 07:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Jay puts his e mail on here for all of you experts to teach him something. Do not feal challenged be enlightened. Jay checks his e mail almost as much of all of you experts come on this forum. Again he has invited you to contact him. I DARE YOU .
Nobody on hear will lol.
Yet the question from cecilone still stands?
Old Sun Jun 16, 2013, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

xtremeump

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Yet the question from cecilone still stands?
Simply answer the OP question ??? That play will never happen, but if we all can learn something thats a good thing. Cecilone and Irish have a question not a comment on how the CLONES do things, first time for everything. Its ok that you guys are afraid of Jay, he likes it that way.
Old Sun Jun 16, 2013, 07:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Simply answer the OP question ??? That play will never happen, but if we all can learn something thats a good thing. Cecilone and Irish have a question not a comment on how the CLONES do things, first time for everything. Its ok that you guys are afraid of Jay, he likes it that way.
Afraid - wrong word, wrong thought. More like not accepted as authority, so not worth any effort to contact.
Old Sun Jun 16, 2013, 09:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And yet, you haven't answered a simple question.

Clone? You haven't a clue. I've posted my concerns on the wording of the rule. And based on that, I would rule on the trailer passing the lead runner. What would you do, call Jay?

I'm sure Jay is a fine umpire and does a helluva job on the field. But I don't need to call Jay, there is nothing I can learn from him. And that isn't because I'm a "clone" whatever the **** that means, but because I've been taught by some of the best umpires in the country as have quite a few other umpires on this site.
Old Sun Jun 16, 2013, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

xtremeump

What does Opinion mean ??? What does (Not an Official Interpretation mean) ?

Clone, I will tell you what a Clone is. Someone that will not touch a bat when it is in harms way. Jim Evans takes one whole day at his school teaching you that you are responsible to clear the bat if you can. A Clone has a Black and White way to Umpire any contest. A Clone would never think of changing his Plate Stance. A Clone would never Umpire out of there circle for fear of being exposed. Its a great game, and I have been to all of thease ASA National Umpire Clinics, Little League International Baseball/Softball Umpire School.In NY we use ASA rules for HS play, Jay is the State Interpreter.. From the very little contact I have with you guys, some is very good, some I would like you to keep the Clones away. My good friend EsqUmp is smarter than all of you put together and I come on here to find the good information. The only thing that happenes is I get discouraged and log off.

Last edited by xtremeump; Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 08:09pm.
Old Sun Jun 16, 2013, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

xtremeump

there is nothing I can learn from him.

CLONE CLONE CLONE
Old Sun Jun 16, 2013, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Wow! That was quick!

I've only been active again on this board for a few days or so after not posting here for many months, and I've already added to my ignore list!