The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 25, 2000, 05:01pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

I entered a contest sponsored by Sports Fan Radio and was a finalist on the show last evening. Winner is going to the Final Four in Indianapolis. Here are the questions I had.
1. Which team scored the most points in a final four championship game? UCLA, Louisville, Loyola Marymount, UNLV.
2. Only one player has won MVP honors in the NCAA Final Four and the NBA in consecutive years. Larry Bird, Lew Alcindor, Michael Jordon, Magic Johnson.
3. One coach has played and coached in a final four. Jim Boeheim, Jim Harrick, Bobby Knight, John Thompson.
4. Which player has the record for most rebounds in NCAA tournament history? Bill Walton, Elvin Hayes, Lew Alcindor, Christian Laetner.
5. Who is the only player to score more than 400 points in NCAA tournament history? Michael Jordon, Bill Walton, Christian Laetner, Bo Kimble.
The answers on Monday. Enjoy the games today and tomorrow.
Old Sat Mar 25, 2000, 07:02pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

HERE'S MY ANSWERS:
1. Which team scored the most points in a final four championship game? UCLA, Louisville, Loyola Marymount, UNLV.

PODUNK STATE (YOU DIDN'T SAY WHAT DIVISION)

2. Only one player has won MVP honors in the NCAA Final Four and the NBA in consecutive years. Larry Bird, Lew Alcindor, Michael Jordon, Magic Johnson.

BIG DEAL - GEORGE MIKAN MAKES THESE GUYS LOOK LIKE PAUL MOKESKI (REMEMBER HIM? - I MEAN MOKESKI, NOT MIKAN)

3. One coach has played and coached in a final four. Jim Boeheim, Jim Harrick, Bobby Knight, John Thompson.

CAN'T BE BOBBY KNIGHT. WHAT HE DOES NOW DOESN'T QUALIFY AS "COACHING". NOW, IF YOU SAID "BEHAVED LIKE AN ASS", HE'S THE WINNER.

4. Which player has the record for most rebounds in NCAA tournament history? Bill Walton, Elvin Hayes, Lew Alcindor, Christian Laetner.

SEE GEORGE MIKAN COMMENT ABOVE

5. Who is the only player to score more than 400 points in NCAA tournament history? Michael Jordon, Bill Walton, Christian Laetner, Bo Kimble.

CERTAINLY NOT CBS - THEY SCORE NO POINTS WITH ME DUE TO THEIR ASININE ANNOUNCERS. TODAY (SAT) ONE OF THEM SAID THAT IF YOU'RE GOING TO THROW AN ELBOW, DO IT WHERE THE REFS CAN'T SEE YOU DO IT. I HOPE ALL THE KIDDIES WERE LISTENING.
Old Sun Mar 26, 2000, 12:21am
Official Forum Member

Question

Here goes my crack at the answers.
1. UNLV
2. Magic Johnson
3. Jim Boeheim
4. Lew Alcindor
5. Christian Laetner
Old Sun Mar 26, 2000, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett:
HERE'S MY ANSWERS:

PODUNK STATE (YOU DIDN'T SAY WHAT DIVISION)

BIG DEAL - GEORGE MIKAN MAKES THESE GUYS LOOK LIKE PAUL MOKESKI (REMEMBER HIM? - I MEAN MOKESKI, NOT MIKAN)

CAN'T BE BOBBY KNIGHT. WHAT HE DOES NOW DOESN'T QUALIFY AS "COACHING". NOW, IF YOU SAID "BEHAVED LIKE AN ASS", HE'S THE WINNER.

SEE GEORGE MIKAN COMMENT ABOVE

CERTAINLY NOT CBS - THEY SCORE NO POINTS WITH ME DUE TO THEIR ASININE ANNOUNCERS. TODAY (SAT) ONE OF THEM SAID THAT IF YOU'RE GOING TO THROW AN ELBOW, DO IT WHERE THE REFS CAN'T SEE YOU DO IT. I HOPE ALL THE KIDDIES WERE LISTENING.

And how about "you have to have both feet on the floor in order to take a charge!"