The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

The Honig's have been sold, but I found a stash of +POS pants. 5 pleated, 4 plain front.

Also in good shape, but the color varies a bit compared to the Honigs. Nothing purple or pink though.

And, I have some Navy shirts (moslty size L), one light blue softball shirt (with the navy trim), and some red McDavid mock undershirts. All but 2 of the outer shirts have some patches, but they were sewn, not glued on.

Jenkins Robert L at att dot net
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

I just wish someone would make pants that don't shrink up in the off season!
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

heather grey spandex... hrmmm?? might be a market for that.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 02:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
The Honig's have been sold, but I found a stash of +POS pants. 5 pleated, 4 plain front.

Also in good shape, but the color varies a bit compared to the Honigs. Nothing purple or pink though.

And, I have some Navy shirts (moslty size L), one light blue softball shirt (with the navy trim), and some red McDavid mock undershirts. All but 2 of the outer shirts have some patches, but they were sewn, not glued on.

Jenkins Robert L at att dot net
I have 1 pair of the original +POS pants. They are the BEST I have owned in my opinion.
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
I have 1 pair of the original +POS pants. They are the BEST I have owned in my opinion.
Do you want to add to your collection? (assuming you are a size 34 waist, of course).
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 04:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Do you want to add to your collection? (assuming you are a size 34 waist, of course).
Went from 40/42 to 36, but no, dont think 34 would work. Thanks though.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 12:05pm
Official Forum Member

Follow up on the navy blue Smitty brand combo pants...

I went to the "brick and mortar" umpire store near me today to check out the navy Smitty combos. This store advertises on their website (as many do) that the pants feature the adjustable waistband.

Greeted at the door by one of the owners, I asked if they carried these pants and he said they did. Then I asked if they have the same adjustable waistband as the grey Smitty pants. He assured me that they did.

He then pulled a pair from stock. On the label attached to the pants it says that they feature the adjustable waistband. We pull the pants out of the wrapper, take a look inside and....NO adjustable waistband!

The owner seemed quite surprised and assured me that he would be changing his advertising/web site accordingly (this is the second different store that I've gone through this with in two years).

I'm glad I double checked and tried these on in the dressing room. I wear a 36 in their grey pants with the adjuster and they are fairly roomy- not just in the waist, but in the thighs and legs. In the navy, I couldn't even button them and they were skin tight in the thighs and legs!

The pants themselves look great and seem well made. I bought one size bigger than my usual size and we'll see how they hold up this season.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 12:27am
Official Forum Member

ASA umpires:

Remember if you work a national tournament and Heather Grey is the pant color then you need to buy the Fechheimers from Oklahoma City.

I worked a national last year and bought three new pairs of plate and base pants both and it will be a worthwhile investment for years to come as I wear them for High School ball as well.

I would also recommend purchasing your Navy Pants if that is your color for national from Oklahoma City as the NUS staff has had discussions about making the Navy's from OKC the only accepted pant.

Also, I purchased the navy shorts from OKC at love them. Much more flexible and comfortable for slowpitch then off the rack Navy shorts from Wal-Mart or K-Mart.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 05:36am
Official Forum Member

The requirement to buy pants from a single source already applies to navy pants, doesn't it?
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 06:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleeds View Post
ASA umpires:

Remember if you work a national tournament and Heather Grey is the pant color then you need to buy the Fechheimers from Oklahoma City.

I worked a national last year and bought three new pairs of plate and base pants both and it will be a worthwhile investment for years to come as I wear them for High School ball as well.

I would also recommend purchasing your Navy Pants if that is your color for national from Oklahoma City as the NUS staff has had discussions about making the Navy's from OKC the only accepted pant.

Also, I purchased the navy shorts from OKC at love them. Much more flexible and comfortable for slowpitch then off the rack Navy shorts from Wal-Mart or K-Mart.
Don't I know you from Facebook?

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 08:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan View Post
In the navy,
You could put your mind at ease?
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 03:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Slick View Post
You could put your mind at ease?
I don't know which is worse...your oddball reference or the fact that I get it!
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 08:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan View Post
I don't know which is worse...your oddball reference or the fact that I get it!
Not sure about the "at ease" part since I was rarely at attention to begin, but I understand all 13 reasons why you would have a problem with them in the navy.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Not sure about the "at ease" part since I was rarely at attention to begin, but I understand all 13 reasons why you would have a problem with them in the navy.
As Hillary - It takes a village, people.
Old Tue Apr 05, 2011, 11:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTafurst View Post
As Hillary - It takes a village, people.
Well, that's just one more thing with which I.....well, never mind