The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Coaches Head Game - best?

Coaches have their antics. There is one in particular at a particular middle school team in our area who is diabolical. I really enjoy calling his games and he really enjoys me calling his games. It is a great challenge. You earn your money calling his games.

It wasn't until last weekend when I happened to be observing one of his games from the scorer's stand that I got a full appreciation of the level of chicarnary that he plays.

So, in a non-critical situation, the opposing coach (offense) asked PU if what just occured constituted a defensive conference. PU then announced "That is your first def conf".

Def coach comes out of the dugout and says, "Hey, wait a minute blue! You can't let him talk you into making that call. Come on now, you're the official in this game, not him." and shall I say, his voice was very audible to all nearby.

Just as he was about done, his voice got even louder and said "Come on, let's play ball here!!!"
PU then had enough (almost) and said, "Coach, let's play ball!!!!"
Coach says, :"That's what I said, Let's Play Ball!!!"

PU, not the brightest bulb on the tree, just had a stunned look on his face, like "what just happened here?? Did I just win the argument or did I lose it? I honestly think he scripts these things out and rehearses.

Sure, this coach gets tossed a good bit, but I have always managed to keep him and his more-aggressive assistant in the game.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

now that you have seen his act, toss him for being an arse.
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcannizzo View Post
So, in a non-critical situation, the opposing coach (offense) asked PU if what just occured constituted a defensive conference. PU then announced "That is your first def conf".

Def coach comes out of the dugout and says, "Hey, wait a minute blue! You can't let him talk you into making that call. Come on now, you're the official in this game, not him."
So - why is the coach wrong about the situation?