The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 11:31am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=softball_junky]I was at the game, have a daughter at Bama. Live action I was not sure about the call but after watching the replay at home later it was a good call. QUOTE]

Which call ? the bunt or the leaving early?
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 02:10pm
softball_junky

Sorry, the runner leaving early at 1B. The first base ump tried to kill the play but when the ball went into center field all heck broke loose. The runner made it to 3B before anyone noticed first base ump making the call. At first we though she had called her out at 3B on the tag. Same play happened later in the game,(without the runner leaving early) the crew did a nice job of rotating with the HPU covering 3B and the 1BU covering HP.
Old Fri May 23, 2008, 05:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by softball_junky
Sorry, the runner leaving early at 1B. The first base ump tried to kill the play but when the ball went into center field all heck broke loose. The runner made it to 3B before anyone noticed first base ump making the call. At first we though she had called her out at 3B on the tag. Same play happened later in the game,(without the runner leaving early) the crew did a nice job of rotating with the HPU covering 3B and the 1BU covering HP.
Thats true Diane did the proper mechanic by (on the dead ball ) going big and comming into the field which really puts us at risk if a ball is hit at us if you think about it but still she did everything she could to kill it and players still kept playing. That crew did a great job of rotating and knowing when to stay put... at least from what I saw
Old Sat May 24, 2008, 07:19am
softball_junky

Also Coach Murphy was taking a long time deciding who to sub in for a pinch runner. The batter was standing near the box waiting for signals when the PU called a strike on the batter. He told the batter to get in the box. Ump showed 0-1 count, then Murphy asked for time. Time was granted and he made the sub. I was reading lips, he apologized to both the Ump and his hitter.