The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   Dead Ball Advancement (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/36779-dead-ball-advancement.html)

IRISHMAFIA Mon Jul 30, 2007 08:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer
This is starting to get interesting . . .

Not really. It is a local association state tournament, not an ASA Championship as earlier declared.

jimpiano Mon Jul 30, 2007 09:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Not really. It is a local association state tournament, not an ASA Championship as earlier declared.

If you want to dispute the sanctioning of the tournament you can always check with Warren Jones.

Interesting that the "veteran" ASA umpire assigned as our 3rd when on the bases never once turned to watch a ball to the outfield, redardless of the number of runners on base. So despite his offer of assistance on a "tough " catch, he was a non participant.

But he did have the proper ASA out call down pat.And his shoes looked good.

At least he had his ASA priorities.

bkbjones Tue Jul 31, 2007 04:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by azbigdawg
I thought I managed to avoid it totally...didnt wanna be a site UIC..didnt wanna work it..... but it got so damn big I volunteered for some games on wed/thurs.... not HUGE..(66 teams), but big enough to go to 3 sites..... we have a split day, 7,8,11..6,8,10pm..so we had to spread it out...

come down next time....

I shall.

The good news is that I get to work what was a BIG men's FP tournament...and I guess it is still big with no more teams than we have up here any more. Maybe Jimmy Moore and who knows, couple other hall of famers will play. Jimmy might not throw in the 90s anymore, but low 80s against some of these 20-something kiddos is usually sufficient.

It's the Men's Seattle Hardcore Invitaional Tournament, or as we call it out back around a few iced down coolers, Men's ...

MD Longhorn Tue Jul 31, 2007 07:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BretMan
As intent as you may be to prove that JP is "making stuff up", the ASA website indicates that there was a men's slow pitch class D tournament in Columbus, Ohio this past weekend.

I haven't worked any slow pitch at all this year (and very little in my career) and had no first-hand knowledge of this tournament.

Unfortunately, all tournaments are not "ASA CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENTS" as Jim claimed.

MD Longhorn Tue Jul 31, 2007 07:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimpiano
If you want to dispute the sanctioning of the tournament you can always check with Warren Jones.

Ok, I did. And I let him know you were namedropping him in a lame attempt at legitimacy on this issue.

Perhaps if you respect him and HE tells you you are wrong, maybe you'll listen ... although I'm expecting him to say, "Who the heck are you talking about - I don't know this guy".

jimpiano Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcrowder
Ok, I did. And I let him know you were namedropping him in a lame attempt at legitimacy on this issue.

Perhaps if you respect him and HE tells you you are wrong, maybe you'll listen ... although I'm expecting him to say, "Who the heck are you talking about - I don't know this guy".

Please get back to me on what Warren replies to you.

MD Longhorn Wed Aug 01, 2007 08:07am

Quote:

Please get back to me on what Warren replies to you.

He didn't reply as much as simply forward my note to a P.Drake, copying me on the forwarding.

BretMan Wed Aug 01, 2007 09:12am

"Paul Drake" is listed as the Umpire-in-Chief and At-Large Player Rep for the Ohio ASA.

greymule Wed Aug 01, 2007 02:08pm

"Paul Drake" is listed as the Umpire-in-Chief and At-Large Player Rep for the Ohio ASA.

Paul does that in addition to his duties as Perry Mason's private detective.

jimpiano Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcrowder
He didn't reply as much as simply forward my note to a P.Drake, copying me on the forwarding.

In other words, you got caught with your pants, down

bkbjones Sun Aug 05, 2007 01:53am

Quote:

OMG. Boxers or briefs?

Steve M Sun Aug 05, 2007 06:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkbjones
OMG. Boxers or briefs?

Either way, I don't think I want to picture that.

SRW Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve M
Either way, I don't think I want to picture that.

Picture it with a double fist pump! :eek:

MD Longhorn Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:18pm

Quote:

Not sure what you could possibly mean by this, but Mr. Drake did give me his number to call, which I plan on doing when I finish my real job this afternoon.