The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
But Lienies sounds like hin... nevermind...

Besides, the best beer around here is Summit Pale Ale. Not that cheesehead Lienies.
You've gotta try Sprecher Special Amber or their Black Bavarian. Delish.

Best part about Sprecher is that they don't sell them in 12 oz. bottles. Full pints!

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 07:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
You've gotta try Sprecher Special Amber or their Black Bavarian. Delish.

Best part about Sprecher is that they don't sell them in 12 oz. bottles. Full pints!

Guys. While I appreciate that you don't settle for American swill when you are done with your games, let me tell you, Sprecher and Leinenkuegel are far from the best beer around. There are many, many beers that I would rank above them. But I am glad that at least you are drinking beer, and not that yellow fizzy stuff that AB and Miller and Coors and PBR are trying to sell you as beer.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 07:54pm
Official Forum Member

Though I do have to admit that the version of a black lager that Leinie makes is pretty tasty.

Old Wed Apr 02, 2008, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi
Though I do have to admit that the version of a black lager that Leinie makes is pretty tasty.
Ahhh... But have you tried Sprecher's Black Bavarian?

I don't trust any beer I can see through.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
Ahhh... But have you tried Sprecher's Black Bavarian?

I don't trust any beer I can see through.
Oh, heck, I do. My favorite style of beers tend to be ales, in particular the American style pale ales and India Pale Ales. I have always, though, been a stout fan as well, partial to the oatmeal stouts. There aren't many "good" beers that I won't have from time to time. In the summer, (and here is beer that you can really see through, and from the lager family as well), a Pilsner Urquell or a Czechvar (Budvar) can really hit the spot. Birra Moretti is my favorite to have with Italian cuisine, another very pale lager.

But if you are going to strand me on an island with just one beer for the rest of my days, make it either a Victory Hop Devil or Prima Pils. (Both beers you can see through)

Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Momentarily back to the topic...

If I join the discussion on beer I'll never remember to ask my question on the topic.

Please clarify a point for me: using the definition "the player who is scheduled to bat last in that respective half inning", what about the last player scheduled to bat who does not complete the at-bat? Suppose the last scheduled batter is at the plate, at bat, when a runner is picked off in an attempted steal. Who goes to second?
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCount
If I join the discussion on beer I'll never remember to ask my question on the topic.

Please clarify a point for me: using the definition "the player who is scheduled to bat last in that respective half inning", what about the last player scheduled to bat who does not complete the at-bat? Suppose the last scheduled batter is at the plate, at bat, when a runner is picked off in an attempted steal. Who goes to second?
The player who goes to second is always just ahead of the lead-off batter in the tie breaker half inning. In your example, suppose B5 did not complete her at bat. In that case, B5 is the lead-off batter in the tie breaker inning, and B4 goes to 2B. If B1 is the lead-off batter, then B9 goes to 2B, etc.

Your example is why "last out" does not always work.
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi
My favorite style of beers tend to be ales, in particular the American style pale ales and India Pale Ales.
While I do like those a lot, my favorite beer in all the "known world" (known by me, which includes most of North and Central America, much of Europe including the UK, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, most regions of Germany, including Berlin, French border area along the Rhine, Black Forest region, Munich and the rest of Bavaria, Switzerland, India and Japan) is British Bitter ale, and especially "real beer" bitter (meaning unpasteurized), and especially Pedigree Bitter from the midlands. The export bitter you can get in this country is not nearly as good as the "real beer". But, due to the short shelf life, that is only available within relatively short trucking distance of the brewery.
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

Thanks Dakota.

Agree that's why last out is a bad way to articualte the requirement and agreed with your answer about who goes to 2B. Your answer did make it more clear for me. Had been wondering, using the "last scheduled batter" definition whether, in the sit described, if the one at bat wasn't considered the last scheduled batter because she didn't finish her at-bat. She is therefore the next scheduled batter rather than the last scheduled batter.
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
While I do like those a lot, my favorite beer in all the "known world" (known by me, which includes most of North and Central America, much of Europe including the UK, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, most regions of Germany, including Berlin, French border area along the Rhine, Black Forest region, Munich and the rest of Bavaria, Switzerland, India and Japan) is British Bitter ale, and especially "real beer" bitter (meaning unpasteurized), and especially Pedigree Bitter from the midlands. The export bitter you can get in this country is not nearly as good as the "real beer". But, due to the short shelf life, that is only available within relatively short trucking distance of the brewery.
I know what you mean. Cask conditioned ales from the UK don't survive the journey well. I have been fortunate enough to have had them in native homeland. Although, I must admit, there are some, while not cask conditioned, that do taste excellent here in the states. A local of mine has Fuller's ESB on tap, and it is pretty darn good, I must tell you.

Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 02:22pm
Official Forum Member

Lately I've been cutting back on beer, but I do enjoy ice cold Chimay Premier.
Old Thu Apr 03, 2008, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelVA2000
Lately I've been cutting back on beer, but I do enjoy ice cold Chimay Premier.
Nice choice, but let it warm up. Chimay should be enjoyed in the 50's or so, not ice cold. Great flavors. The red is very nice, though I am more of a Chimay Bleue kind of guy when it comes to their offerings.

Old Fri Apr 04, 2008, 07:48am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlue
True, but TBR sounds very similar to PBR and PBR is pretty much why we want the game to be over!
PBR? Professional Bull Riding? The programming honchos at ESPN2 will be pleased. Well, at least I know someone watches that stuff.
Old Fri Apr 04, 2008, 07:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Clary
PBR? Professional Bull Riding? The programming honchos at ESPN2 will be pleased. Well, at least I know someone watches that stuff.
The fact that this comment is coming from someone from Vacaville is even more amusing to me. For those who don't habla, "vaca" means "cow."

Sounds like someone's been watching The Ocho too much.

Old Fri Apr 04, 2008, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Ironic that that a thread with the title "You gotta love it" has turned to a discussion of beer and bull riding.......