Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 22, 2004, 10:47pm
Official Forum Member

Re: This is awful

Quote:
Originally posted by BBallCoach
TexUmp,

As a coach I'm very disheartened to read your post about at championship game and you being screened on a play that impacts the outcome of the game. That is you job to physically move so you can see the play. Your going to tell me these girls were Shaq's size and you in your great athletic shape could not simply get around them or get there quickly enough to see the play. That is an injustice to all of those players on both teams that our out there busting their butts trying to win and the officials that are hired to give the kids the best game possible choke like that. If I was the coach I would have had many words with you and am disgusted by your lack of professionalism and ability to simply be in shape and move to the play. This is dishearting and I dont know how you sleep having taken the game away from the kids.

Didn't we already hear from this S.F.B. idiot before?
Old Thu Apr 22, 2004, 11:33pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: This is awful

Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Didn't we already hear from this S.F.B. idiot before?
Apparently he's attempting to restate what he said before in a slightly different words. Maybe if we give him a couple dozen more attempts he'll make some sense.

Nah...
Old Fri Apr 23, 2004, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

You know, part of me wants to respond to his idiocy, but I realize that it would be useless!

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Fri Apr 23, 2004, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Angry

Whoa there BBallCoach.......slow the train down.

To presume that this Blue was out of position due to poor skills, sub-par mechanics, or failure to adhere to the Atkins Diet is simply ignorant on your part.

It IS quite possible that the sight line was interrupted at that one crucial moment which would have enabled a clear cut call. It is EVEN possible that a bug could have gotten in his eye as he ran to position himself to make the call. Certainly there are many things that could happen to the best of the best that would cause an unfortunate situation. Stuff happens.

Perhaps you need to step back into reality here and re-assess your perceptions. Perhaps the situation could center around the weight challenged, slow-moving pitcher for getting in the way. Or maybe it was the due to the fielders untimely decision to pick her nose during the delivery of the pitch that caused her to get a late jump on the ball that she would otherwise have camped under to catch. Maybe, just maybe this whole problem was due a freak alignment of the planets that created a gravitational force so strong as to cause the play to develop the way it did. Hmmmmm, I guess it could have been a myriad of things.

Next time you want to paint it on thick by using all of those derogatory comments be sure to remember that as humans were are all fallible.

Those who can - umpire. Those who can't - coach. Have a nice day Coach!
Old Fri Apr 23, 2004, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Robmoz - This person is an idiot. He posts just to see if he can get a rise out of someone. It's called trolling.

BBall Coach - the board for you:

http://www.gmcgriff.com/refonline
Old Fri Apr 23, 2004, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

I see that now. I will take that into consideration in the future but I just wanted to respond one time.
Old Fri Apr 23, 2004, 03:31pm
BBallCoach

You let the kids down

Tex Blue,

This is plain and simple you let all of those young athletes done by not being able to do your job. You can have whatever excuse in the world for why you could not get into position without getting screened. Bottom line is you failed in your job and that is something you need to deal with.

BBallCoach,
Our errors hurt ourselves more than you can imagine.

Please feel free to contribute or to ask questions, but avoid the subtle, personal attacks regarding situations beyond anyone's control.

If you cannot be part of the solution, please don't be an additional problem.

mick

[Edited by mick on Apr 23rd, 2004 at 05:21 PM]
Old Fri Apr 23, 2004, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
Well, BBAll coach, all I can say is I move as much as anyone I have ever called with and am proud of my efforts to always be in the correct position for a call. I was this time. The pitcher just veered off and blocked it in the last instant. Until you've been there, you probably won't understand how it can happen.

I can also understand your comments, to an extent. As I stated before, when you posted and it disappeared, I've already heard all that and listened to all of it, due to the fact I wasn't happy about the decision. Not because I was too lazy or big or whatever else you care to throw out there, but because, to me, it is about the kids and the game and I love calling it. I have no doubt there are a lot of "masters" on this board. I would enjoy calling with any of them. I think, when it's all said and done, they would enjoy calling with me. I've never had an umpire request to not have me again, or HS coaches, or regular coaches. Yeah, I feel pretty good about myself as an umpire and yeah, I don't feel good about what happened, it stinks. But, it happened with me on the field and there's nothing I can do to change it now. For your information, the next team to play's coach and 2 other coaches were watching the game and they actually helped walk us off the field. They were asking some questions and I gave the answers I gave here. They just commented that that was all you could do. All 3 of these guys have had me before and they enjoy it when I'm on the field. Same with my partner that day.

By the way, if you're gonna rip into me like a coach, at least use the correct words in the correct spots, so us dumb blues can follow the drift of the conversation, OK?
Old Sat Apr 24, 2004, 08:43am
Official Forum Member

Re: You let the kids down

Quote:
Tex Blue,

This is plain and simple you let all of those young athletes done by not being able to do your job. You can have whatever excuse in the world for why you could not get into position without getting screened. Bottom line is you failed in your job and that is something you need to deal with.

That's right.

Rick, you suck. We all suck! We shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a softball field. We should all be taken and hung by our thumbs over a pit of alligators until we learn to get every call, 100% correct just like the way every coach calls their game.

We are pitiful to even think that we are one tenth as good and intelligent as our good friend, "BBall Coach". He is just doing us a favor by telling us how we are the scum of the earth and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children unless we can call a perfect game like he coaches.

It makes me sick to think this troll may actually be out there passing this type of attitude on to the youth of our nation. "Don't worry, nothing is your fault. The referee sucks and doesn't care that he just ruined your life!"

And we wonder how some of the kids today get drawn into the "dark side" (and I'm not talking baseball, here) and end up blowing things up, killing people and eventually themselves.

Mike
Old Sat Apr 24, 2004, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Just remember Mike, its not his fault he's the way he is!

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Sat Apr 24, 2004, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by kellerumps

The game of FP Softball has progressed beyond the 2-Person Umpire System. I believe that not enough is being done to promote and implement 3-Umpires at the higher levels of play. Last year at the ASA 14-U National in Bloomington/Normal Il, we used 3 for everything beyond Pool Play. This year, I believe ASA is going back to 2 umpires except for the Semi-Finals On. Why?
Because there are not enough qualified umpires.
My phone number is ...
Old Sat Apr 24, 2004, 12:38pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Can we ignore the hassling and get back to what started to be an intelligent discussion of recruiting, retaining, etc. umpires?
BTW, let's follow the "keller" (admittedly personal) example and use 3-person or 3-umpire instead of 3-man. How about 3U?

We might not end up with more umpires, but the retention rate would be better if we gave more attention to getting new ones out of green mode and getting them to realize they will bring abuse on themselves by lack of preparation and lack of professionalism. That, in turn, might reduce the negativism of those who turn away because of the abuse they see while playing or watching. The bigger problem is the laziness and self-centered life style of the younger generations and I have no answer for that. But that is killing the sport and other participant sports as well, so maybe we won't be needed in 20 years.
Old Sat Apr 24, 2004, 04:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
Quote:
Quote:
Tex Blue,

That's right.

Rick, you suck.
Mike
OK, ya got me. I choked on my tea when I read the 1st sentence. From now on, I'll just put the glass down, read the post, pick the glass back up and reflect upon what was said. I hate cleaning up messes like that.

Actually, I was calling a real small tournament last night, before all the storms blew in and walked onto the field. Guess who was on defense. The team that got the raw end of the deal. I did a double take, almost started to run, then decided, what the heck, get it over with. At the plate, the coach even talked about it, said she understood and there wasn't anything I could do. Of course, it helped that one of the parents had a digital recording of the whole play from behind the plate. They were all fine and we had a good time before the rain ruined it.
Old Sat Apr 24, 2004, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CecilOne
Can we ignore the hassling and get back to what started to be an intelligent discussion of recruiting, retaining, etc. umpires?
BTW, let's follow the "keller" (admittedly personal) example and use 3-person or 3-umpire instead of 3-man. How about 3U?

We might not end up with more umpires, but the retention rate would be better if we gave more attention to getting new ones out of green mode and getting them to realize they will bring abuse on themselves by lack of preparation and lack of professionalism. That, in turn, might reduce the negativism of those who turn away because of the abuse they see while playing or watching. The bigger problem is the laziness and self-centered life style of the younger generations and I have no answer for that. But that is killing the sport and other participant sports as well, so maybe we won't be needed in 20 years.
Heck, Cecil, we can't get our leagues to move away from 1 man.
Old Sat Apr 24, 2004, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TexBlue

OK, ya got me. I choked on my tea when I read the 1st sentence. From now on, I'll just put the glass down, read the post, pick the glass back up and reflect upon what was said. I hate cleaning up messes like that.
Rick,

Sorry about the mess. "Getting you" wasn't my intention, but that doesn't mean I didn't laugh when I read you post