The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > General / Off-Topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 22, 2017, 09:27pm
Official Forum Member

Arbiter Pet Peeves

Anyone experience the following with Arbiter:

1.) When adding a new group, any blocks established are not propagated to the new group. You must re-establish the block with the new group. This causes headaches with the assigner because arbiter shows availability that may not be present. It would be nice to have the option to automatically propagate any established blocks when adding a new group.

2.) When an assignment is postponed and the new date allows the same officials, an email is not always generated to remind the officials to accept. Arbiter is fairly good at sending emails when officials change as long as it is before the time set for reminder emails -i.e. if the reminder is sent 2 days before the event, then changes to not generate new emails. This issue caused me to miss a request to accept the change, and the assignment was pulled for no response.
Old Sat Apr 01, 2017, 08:10pm
Broadcaster

I have not, but a pet peeve of mine is the columns are no longer sortable in the master schedule.
Old Thu Apr 20, 2017, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavbref View Post
Anyone experience the following with Arbiter:

1.) When adding a new group, any blocks established are not propagated to the new group. You must re-establish the block with the new group. This causes headaches with the assigner because arbiter shows availability that may not be present. It would be nice to have the option to automatically propagate any established blocks when adding a new group.

2.) When an assignment is postponed and the new date allows the same officials, an email is not always generated to remind the officials to accept. Arbiter is fairly good at sending emails when officials change as long as it is before the time set for reminder emails -i.e. if the reminder is sent 2 days before the event, then changes to not generate new emails. This issue caused me to miss a request to accept the change, and the assignment was pulled for no response.
As an assigner, one of my pet peeves are officials that do not check their Arbiter DAILY, things change on the fly and the software is not so perfect but it is what we have to work with. But, I do empathize with you since I would like to "trust" the software to do what it says it will do ALL the time...I like to count on my technology to be accurate