The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 29, 2014, 02:37pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD View Post
I filled in for a crew a couple weeks ago as HL for a varsity game. Round trip mileage as over 200 miles. I got my game check today for $60. I had 50 in gas. They want me to do another one about the same distance from home. I called the AD to inquire as to what I can expect for compensation if I accepted the game, He did not respond. Could you guys give me some idea what you typically get for games and mileage? Typically, here in central and northern Mich AD's pay around $300 for a 5 man crew and $20-$30 for gas. Thanks for your input
Why didn't you ride with the crew?

Here (CO), one driver gets mileage. Anyone who wants or needs to drive separately eats the mileage.
Old Mon Sep 29, 2014, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

In NW PA where I work it's $67 for 5 man. If we work a game with 6 it's $56 a game. No mileage. Plus we are at ALL varsity games at least 90 mins before game time.
Playoffs go up to $72 for 7 man.
Old Tue Sep 30, 2014, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

Im in a private school association for Louisiana and Mississippi. We run a 5 man crew for varsity, all officials make $90. if we take a clock operator they make $50. the association does not pay travel for regular season games, but we work about 5 or 6 preseason jamborees and all money is put into a travel fund in our local region. travel pay ranges from $20 to $45 per trip.
Old Tue Sep 30, 2014, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

Philly Area

HS

Varsity $72-78
Only game where you get mileage is for the State Final (piaa pays for mileage per driver)

College
PSAC 235
NJAC 175
MAC 175

No Mileage
Old Tue Sep 30, 2014, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUmpire View Post
Philly Area

HS

Varsity $72-78
Only game where you get mileage is for the State Final (piaa pays for mileage per driver)

College
PSAC 235
NJAC 175
MAC 175

No Mileage
WIAA - Wisconsin for playoffs.

Officials will be paid:
a. Officiating Fee - $70. (Checks and contracts to be issued by the host school.)
b. Expenses - 45¢ per mile (round trip) for travel.
c. Officials shall travel together with mileage paid to one official. If officials choose to travel separately,
the mileage for the longest trip may be split between the officials.
d. There is no separate meal and/or room allowance.

I'd say we're on lower end of the stick here nationwide...but still not a bad gig.
Old Tue Sep 30, 2014, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Pay

Here in Northern Virginia it ranges from about $63 for a 7 man fee for Varsity to $110 for a 4 man fee for Varsity, we do mostly 5 man during regular season and that is from $89 to $98 depending on classification, which ranges from 2A to 6A. No travel, no mileage, just 2 hours to go 30 miles in rush hour. We are required to be there a minimum of 90 minutes prior to game time as well.

VA-Blu
Old Sat Oct 04, 2014, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

In Michigan the conferences, or individual schools set the rate of pay for each sport. For football, the conference I assign a different sport in pays $60 per official for a 5 man crew (no mileage), JV/Freshman pays $90 for 2 games with a 4 man crew or $72 per official for a 5 man crew (this is for working 2 games).

For the MHSAA playoffs, the MHSAA sets the pay rate.

Pre-District or District $55 per official. Regional $60, Semifinal and Finals $65 per game.

The MHSAA will pay mileage to officials for post-season games if they travel over 50 miles at the rate of $0.20 per mile over 50 miles. They also pay a per diem for some events as needed, including meals at the rate of $14 per day and may pay for lodging.

Personally in the events I work, I prefer not to accept the mileage, as the IRS mileage rate is much better than the mileage the MHSAA pays, and I also do self employed work outside of officiating, so I generally claim a large chunk of my yearly mileage anyway.
Old Sat Oct 04, 2014, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

Arizona $70 game fee, .44 per mile for driver (round trip), .04 per mile rider. In Metro area (Phoenix, Tucson) you only get $10 for mileage.