Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 06, 2009, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You are making excuses.

The OSU sideline could have been flagged too for their being on the field during the

BTW, the Roughing was correct, because the contact was with the crown of the helmet. It might not have been helmet to helmet contact, but you cannot lead with your head. I think the officials thought the contact was with the helmet on the QB, but it still was the right call.

Stop whining, they lost. Nothing stops you from stopping them all the way down the field to score. If there was not a flag on the TD dive, that did not have anything to do with why they allowed Texas to score.

Peace
I love it when pompous officials become FANBOYS.
Old Wed Jan 07, 2009, 10:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertZebra View Post
Friendly wagers, no biggie. Stop making mountains.

I'm not trying to make mountians. I assumed that it was a firendly wager and nothing more. There are times that we can take an opportunity to help each other out if we see some potential issues that, as individuals, we may not see in ourselves.

Right now, the microscope is on all officials. We need to ever be vigilant as to how we are viewed. As a friendly note from one official to another, its probably not a good idea to talk on a public forum about your team covering the spread. Its one of those things that may be completely innocent, yet may cause you to do a lot of explaining some day you want to do college ball.
Old Wed Jan 07, 2009, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloth View Post
I'm not trying to make mountians. I assumed that it was a firendly wager and nothing more. There are times that we can take an opportunity to help each other out if we see some potential issues that, as individuals, we may not see in ourselves.

Right now, the microscope is on all officials. We need to ever be vigilant as to how we are viewed. As a friendly note from one official to another, its probably not a good idea to talk on a public forum about your team covering the spread. Its one of those things that may be completely innocent, yet may cause you to do a lot of explaining some day you want to do college ball.
How about officials playing fantasy football? Granted that is the NFL level and most of us will never work at that level but it is another form of gambling. I'm not a fan of fantasy but this thought popped in my head when I read these comments.