The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 30, 2008, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

It's not illegal participation until it is: a player out of bounds grabbing the ball is not participating, whether he was standing there whent he play started, got pushed out, or ran out by himself.

Now, if he picks up the ball and returns inbounds, NOW he's participating (possibly illegally).
Old Tue Sep 30, 2008, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
It's not illegal participation until it is: a player out of bounds grabbing the ball is not participating, whether he was standing there whent he play started, got pushed out, or ran out by himself.

Now, if he picks up the ball and returns inbounds, NOW he's participating (possibly illegally).
No, if he picks up the ball and then goes inbounds he's potentially delaying the game but he's certainly not participating in a live ball.
________
Park Royal Condos Pattaya

Last edited by youngump; Mon Sep 19, 2011 at 06:26pm.
Old Tue Sep 30, 2008, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
I am not seeing where the touching of the ball by a player who was previously OOB causes the ball to become dead.
Not previously OOB, no. Half-in, half-out, I'd say, yeah. But I'd let it play out if a guy came back in and touched the ball.
"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.