The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 24, 2007, 01:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to dst8ada
Depends on site

Police protection in Michigan depends on the site. Having worked many play off games I can't remember police as such taking us off the field. In most places including Northern Michigan and Saginaw Valley the same staff that worked college games took care of us. I do remember seeing police at certain games depending on the schools involved. In some smaller towns all that is going on is the game so law enforcement is there along with most of the town. Things are different in the metro area. My uncle who retired from the Big 10 tells stories of being told to drive to a police post and being taken to do basketball games in empty gyms. Remember Michigan is a big state(not as big as Texas) geographically.
Old Sat Nov 24, 2007, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike
I don't think I ever saw a game in Texas that did not have visible law enforcement presence.
I don't think you see much in Texas that doesn't have a visible law enforcement presence, do you?
"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.
Old Sat Nov 24, 2007, 05:10pm
Official Forum Member

WOW I would not have called it that way. But I'm a white hat so I would have been looking at the quarterback.
Old Sat Nov 24, 2007, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member

Incredible.

Never have had police at a HS game here. At least not for the benefit of officials. I had some when I did HS basketball in Ohio, but that is a different set of demographics.