The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jul 28, 2007, 05:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to goyanksgonj Send a message via Yahoo to goyanksgonj
Suspended game not completed within same series

As was the case last night between the Yankees and Orioles at Camden Yards, who becomes responsible for the game once it resumes, if it is unable to be resumed within the same series as the originally scheduled game, for whatever reason? In the above case, it just so happened to be the series finale that was suspended, so, they couldn't complete the game until prior to the opener of the next series between the two teams at Camden Yards.
Old Sat Jul 28, 2007, 05:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyanksgonj
As was the case last night between the Yankees and Orioles at Camden Yards, who becomes responsible for the game once it resumes, if it is unable to be resumed within the same series as the originally scheduled game, for whatever reason? In the above case, it just so happened to be the series finale that was suspended, so, they couldn't complete the game until prior to the opener of the next series between the two teams at Camden Yards.
Are you asking where the resumed game must be played, or are you looking for the umpiring crew that will work the game.................

Tim.
Old Sat Jul 28, 2007, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to goyanksgonj Send a message via Yahoo to goyanksgonj
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
...looking for the umpiring crew that (worked) the game.................

Tim.
Notice the modification I made to the quote (in parentheses); because, I would've thought that, if the same crew wasn't, by pure luck, scheduled for the next series at Camden Yards, whichever crew was in fact assigned this series would've followed their rotation like normal, from either Wednesday or Thursday, as if nothing happened, and then just continue as such for the regularly scheduled game. The other thing I was considering was that, MLB might've considered this a "double header," per se, and followed protocol for those.
Old Sat Jul 28, 2007, 07:18pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
Quote:
Notice the modification I made to the quote (in parentheses); because, I would've thought that, if the same crew wasn't, by pure luck, scheduled for the next series at Camden Yards, whichever crew was in fact assigned this series would've followed their rotation like normal, from either Wednesday or Thursday, as if nothing happened, and then just continue as such for the regularly scheduled game. The other thing I was considering was that, MLB might've considered this a "double header," per se, and followed protocol for those.
Oh, since that's what you're asking I have no idea. I don't really care what crew works a particular game or series.

Tim.
Old Sat Jul 28, 2007, 07:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The game falls to whatever crew is assigned to that stadium for the series.

For example: crew #1 worked the original game between the two clubs. Now in this meeting, crew #4 is assigned to the series. So crew #4 gets the extra game.
Old Sun Jul 29, 2007, 03:07am

It's me and me crew, and we're here for a screw, said Barnacle Bill the sailor.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25