The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 25, 2007, 03:02am
Official Forum Member

I completely agree with MJT and Grant.
I would seriously question the coach if he thought it was in the best interest of the game to make an issue - and that I would then make issues of EVERYTHING I see from his team.

I had something similar this year already. A player (who seemed to also be a ref) on the sideline was complaining about the opponent's center picking up and turning the ball to adjust it instead of keeping it on the ground. I told him that I was not going to get into such small time issues and would continue to let the game play - that it was a non-issue.
2 plays later A fumbled on the opposite sideline in the backfield, and on my way to the backfield I passed a player wandering on the field from my sideline (he obviously thought the play was dead, but it wasn't at that time). There was no interference or real problem, but I turned to the complainer (who was right behind this player and pointed out I also didn't nit-pick this illegal participation.

Try to keep it even and evaluate why something is important. I'm trying to focus on only flaging the big stuff instead of the letter of the law (I was more than a little too strict in the past).

James