The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 20, 2007, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LouisianaDave
No, I wasnt being belligerent at all, I appreciate all that was said. I know you guys are on my side, I was stating a situation that happened.

I prob should have been more specific about what happened. In a nutshell As we were leaving there were fans at the gate, they were telling us we officiated horrible, i said no you guys played horrible(mistake on my part) then as im walking to my car, this parent comes running up to me asking what i said, repeated what i said(again dumb on my part) and then he hit me.

As of today charges have been filed, and I was told by the police that he may try and file charges against me for disturbing the peace.
Old Thu Sep 20, 2007, 07:28pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike
Unless the person is physically blocking your movement or is brandishing some sort of weapon (or potential weapon), no need to even "threaten" calling the police. Just get out of Dodge. Let them scream and holler all they want. If they are cussing and others want to call the police to report his disorderly conduct, let them do it. If you call then you are going to have to stick around and that may cause more trouble than it is worth.
Sorry, gotta say that this is bad advice. If a person threatens you, it certainly is justification to threaten to phone the police, or to actually phone the police.

It's called preventative citizenship.
Old Thu Sep 20, 2007, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

I never talk to any "fans" after a game unless they want to talk about the weather or how well the kids played.
I have seen this posted on one (maybe more) boards that "silence can never be mis-quoted".
Old Fri Sep 21, 2007, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Nothing will happen to this guy becasue you "had some words". His attorney wil say he was provoked.
His attorney isn't going to say that unless he's a complete idiot. There's no state I'm aware of that allows words only to be a provocation for physical action.

I don't know why people make this stuff up and assume the worst. These things almost always get plead out since there isn't a defense and there was witnesses.

You also need to go to small claims court and file a civil suit against him for assault and/or battery. He almost certainly has liability insurance and you can get some money out of it. If you want to give it to charity, that's fine, but you need to go through the process. People like this need to be dealt with harshly.

Don't forget folks: you CAN defend yourself. Don't sit there and be a punching bag. Learn how to kick to the groin and grab an elbow.
Old Sat Sep 22, 2007, 05:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Sorry, gotta say that this is bad advice. If a person threatens you, it certainly is justification to threaten to phone the police, or to actually phone the police.

It's called preventative citizenship.
Call all you want once you are in the car and on your way out of there. That is called preventative self-defense.
Old Sat Sep 22, 2007, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb Not Covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
He almost certainly has liability insurance and you can get some money out of it.

Not covered under homeowner liability insurance, excluded since intentional act.
Old Sat Sep 22, 2007, 10:15pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike
Call all you want once you are in the car and on your way out of there. That is called preventative self-defense.
Yup! Call the police.