The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 21, 2000, 01:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
Send a letter to Referee Magazine and NASO!!!!!

------------------
Ron
Seattle Officials - Women's Basketball

Old Fri Jan 21, 2000, 01:42am
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

Suspending the coach is certainly too lenient. The way I read your story he threatened further harm to you if you ever t'd one of his players up. I would make this point to the school and push to get him fired. He may do this to another ref down the road.
Old Fri Jan 21, 2000, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

First of all, thanks to all of you who responded. My partner and I greatly appreciate it. Hearing feedback gices you a good peace of mind. My partner and I made written reports to the Association and the school board. We have not filed charges yet!!! but i have contacted an attorney. Waiting to see the response of both of these boards. He (the caoch) has been suspended for the remainder of the year and next year probation, if the school renews his contract. all of this happened monday morning by 12:00 noon. I have not received a letterr of apology. At this point i am not satisfied with his punishment. I did contact the Des Moines Register and dropped an anonymous tip about the story. I felt the public should know about this. I plan to write the school board another letter. Am I doing enough? What else could be done to let people know that this stuff goes on!