The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad
Nope...no ejection. And the WH did step toward the sideline and explain it to us as a holding on us and then a USC on the other team and that it would be 4th down. Like I said, we were confused - doesn't always take much - but we didn't try to argue the point. It was either the third or fourth penalty like that (late hits, action after the whistle, etc.) they had had to call in the 4th quarter (all on the other team!) and it was obvious the crew was getting frustrated...
That's too bad. I know different officials deal with action after the whistle differently, but they really should have tossed the kid. It's one thing to push a kid after the play is over and just get a dead ball personal foul, it's another to knee a kid in the stomach. In my book, that's fighting and the guy who does it is going to the showers early. Maybe it's one of those you had to see it type of things where it sounds worse in print than it looked. IMHO, what should have happened was your holding call should have been walked off, then the personal foul (half the distance), repeat the down and eject the kid.
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 01:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman72
Does that really make a difference what you call it? I never really knew there was a difference. I just thought that USC was a type of personal foul...
If you have USC called on the individual, then the 2nd USC is disqualification and sitting out the next game. That is why it is important to get it right.

This should have been PF, not USC. Personal fouls are contact fouls.
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 02:34pm
Official Forum Member

When the player retaliated by kneeing his opponent in the stomach, that very well could have led to disqualification as well. Striking an opponnet with fist or locked hands, forearm or elbow or kicking or kneeing him is fighting, and is a PF and DQ. (9-5-3l)
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref
If you have USC called on the individual, then the 2nd USC is disqualification and sitting out the next game. That is why it is important to get it right.

This should have been PF, not USC. Personal fouls are contact fouls.
If you get 2 USCs, you have to sit out the next game as well? Is that a Fed rule or a local rule?
Old Thu Oct 26, 2006, 04:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpson
If you get 2 USCs, you have to sit out the next game as well? Is that a Fed rule or a local rule?
REPLY: I believe each state has its own rules regarding this.