The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Nov 03, 2006, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Has anyone used those maskes that cover your whole face and head? Do they work? Are they worth the money?

Thanks!
Old Fri Nov 03, 2006, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

I had a game last night and knew it would be chilly. I already have an Under Armour turf gear shirt, but not the cold gear shirt (yet). UA apparantly doesn't make their all-season product they had (similar to cold gear but not as hot), which is what I wanted to buy yesterday.

The cold gear would have been fine, but in the store yesterday, I was thinking it would be too hot. So I didn't get it. The turf gear shirt (long sleeve; minimal warmth) worked OK. I was cool, but not uncomfortable.
Old Fri Nov 03, 2006, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

I never wear a jacket, I live in Upper Michigan and have reffed in games where they literally had to plow the field at half time and shovel down the yard lines between quarters and during timeouts. I tell all the new guys who are getting stuff to just get the warm weather package (Long sleeve shirt but no jacket) from Honigs.

That jacket is useless, besides looking like ****, being too bulky to move well, and not even being that warm it just makes you colder. As soon as you sweat in that jacket it is horrible. Just layer up, by one shirt a size bigger and wear sweats underneath if you have to.

By the way, its 25 degrees, snowing, and theres about 6" on the ground. . . . .should be a good Friday night