The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 15, 2006, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Illegal Participation

My friend and I went back and forth on this last night, and I thought I would check with the forum members to see what your responses would be.

Situation A:

1 and 10 for A at the A40 yard line. A10 runs out of bounds on a pass play. He runs out of bounds at the B45yard line and returns at the B35 yard line. A completes a legal pass to A20 who advances to the A15 yard line. A10 was out of bounds a) prior to the pass b)during the pass c) after the pass.

The penalty is illegal participation with a 15 yard penalty, but where would you enforce it from (exact yard line.)
Old Tue Aug 15, 2006, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yankeesfan
if it is a loose ball play, it should go back to the previous spot.
Old Tue Aug 15, 2006, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

REPLY: Remember that the foul is for A returning to the field after being OOB--not for stepping OOB in the first place. If he returns (a) prior to the pass, or (b) during the pass, the foul occurred during a loose ball play and yankeesfan gave you the answer. If he returns after the pass is completed, then his foul occurred during a running play. Use the all-but-one principle to compare the basic spot (end of the run) and the spot of the foul (point where A returned).
Old Tue Aug 15, 2006, 03:47pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbio
My friend and I went back and forth on this last night, and I thought I would check with the forum members to see what your responses would be.

Situation A:

1 and 10 for A at the A40 yard line. A10 runs out of bounds on a pass play. He runs out of bounds at the B45yard line and returns at the B35 yard line. A completes a legal pass to A20 who advances to the A15 yard line. A10 was out of bounds a) prior to the pass b)during the pass c) after the pass.

The penalty is illegal participation with a 15 yard penalty, but where would you enforce it from (exact yard line.)
Illegal Participation. 10 yards from Previous Lien of Scirmmage (PLS), Down Repeated (DR).