The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 13, 2015, 01:38pm
Official & Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Yes I would. I had the same thing happen in my game. He did that in a show of disrespect. If you don't T here then what is your threshold?
Maybe...I interpreted it more out of frustration with himself for piling up another stoopid foul. He wasn't really near me when he did it (I was reporting). I caught the tail end of it then addressed it with him.

As I mentioned...my threshold was a repeat performance (by him or any teammates moving forward). As a crew we were split as to whether he deserved it. My gut was that it wouldn't have bettered the game at that point in time and wasn't exactly removing his jersey as one of my partners pointed to. Interesting to see where others come down on this. I've got a longer fuse than most in my ass'n so it's good to hear from others. Thanks for the input.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2015, 01:44pm
Official & Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
3.3.5A gives what might be an alternative in similar, though not identical, sitch, with A1 pulling out his jersey in frustration on the way to the FT line: "...A1 will be directed to put the jersey in the pants...and must leave the game immediately...a charged time-out by Team A does not alter the requirement for A1 to leave the game." Though the "covered his face in frustration" might go beyond this comparatively mild case and border on the unsporting. Maybe a HTBT?

Of course, I'm sure some will propose their own personally preferred and painfully contrived solution. It's getting kinda like the Biblical period around the time of the Old Testament judges, "Everyone is doing what is right in their own eyes", in spite of established directives.

Anyway, it doesn't seem that going straight to an unsporting T is the only alternative for us.

Does that offer a correct and reasonable choice?
In retrospect, sending him out for being unready to play might have been a good alternative. Straight to T didn't feel right at that
point.