The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 11, 2015, 11:44pm
Ok is the new good

Blarge

R1 calls a block on B1 and R2 calls Player Control Foul on A1 airborne shooter. Double personal foul called.

1) If the basket is good..do we count the basket?

2) Use AP for subsequent throw in?

NFHS
Old Wed Feb 11, 2015, 11:53pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
R1 calls a block on B1 and R2 calls Player Control Foul on A1 airborne shooter. Double personal foul called.

NFHS
Assuming the ball was released before contact, count the basket and resume at POI which is team B endline throw-in.
Old Wed Feb 11, 2015, 11:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Assuming the ball was released before contact, count the basket and resume at POI which is team B endline throw-in.
Remember that an airborne shooter has released the ball, by definition.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 01:12am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Yes the basket counts. This is not a PC by definition, it is a double foul.

Quote:
Not unless the shot is missed. Otherwise it is POI give the ball to B on the end line.

Peace
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 02:26am
Official Forum Member

As JRut said, see Case Book 4.19.8 Sit. C.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 09:23am
NFHS Official

Is this two man or three man mechanics? Here we have two man, every game I work we pregame this specific scenario, if we have a double whistle and the ball is in the lane the lead always takes it. The trail goes up with a fist and holds his preliminary signal.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKREF View Post
Is this two man or three man mechanics? Here we have two man, every game I work we pregame this specific scenario, if we have a double whistle and the ball is in the lane the lead always takes it. The trail goes up with a fist and holds his preliminary signal.
Of course. But, sometimes is doesn't happen the way we'd like it to happen.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 09:47am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
I believe that to be standard pregame conversation for all games, 2-man or 3-man, but it still doesn't prevent blarges from occurring.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 10:14am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Pregame this all you want, but be prepared for that play where not everyone does it the way you pregamed.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 10:23am
Stubborn Member

My two partners earlier this year had a blarge, and they went with a charge based on the fact that it was in that official's primary.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 10:33am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
My two partners earlier this year had a blarge, and they went with a charge based on the fact that it was in that official's primary.
We can't get away with that ruling in these parts. Coaches know when we have F'ed it up, they expect us to go with the double foul.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 10:35am
Stubborn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
We can't get away with that ruling in these parts. Coaches know when we have F'ed it up, they expect us to go with the double foul.
I stayed out of the way while they sorted it out, and the one coach (who didn't get the call) wanted to know why. I didn't see any sort of argument, so I guess we got lucky.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 10:56am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
I stayed out of the way while they sorted it out, and the one coach (who didn't get the call) wanted to know why. I didn't see any sort of argument, so I guess we got lucky.
You did. Around here, it would be the same as BNR's. Additionally, and this is where the real problem lies, this would get back to the assigner and would not go well.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Had my first ever blarge this season. It felt as crappy as you'd think it would feel. It was 3-man, I was C. Play started and finished on my side of the paint. My L didn't get the pre-game memo that C has first crack on his side. It just happened, even though we pre-gamed it. Neither coach had any idea what was supposed to happen under the circumstances, but we explained it to both. Thankfully the coaches were reasonable with the explanation and we handled it the right way. I am very hesitant to jump on a block/charge anymore, no matter which position I'm in. Don't want to have it happen again.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2015, 11:09am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
Had my first ever blarge this season. It felt as crappy as you'd think it would feel. It was 3-man, I was C. Play started and finished on my side of the paint. My L didn't get the pre-game memo that C has first crack on his side. It just happened, even though we pre-gamed it. Neither coach had any idea what was supposed to happen under the circumstances, but we explained it to both. Thankfully the coaches were reasonable with the explanation and we handled it the right way. I am very hesitant to jump on a block/charge anymore, no matter which position I'm in. Don't want to have it happen again.
Had one in a summer game a few years ago, I was gun-shy for a while after that. Not with blowing the whistle, but I was extra careful about showing my prelim.