The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Double T

Last night my partner had a Double T late in a close game. Seems simple enough, but as usual, there's a complication. So here it is.

B pressing A full court in a 4 point game. B winning after being down 12 at the half. I am at mid court opposite the action, Partner calls a Jump Ball and then a T. He goes to the table and is talking to the table and the coach. It takes about 20 seconds or so and I go over and bring him to center court to see what happened. He has a Double T, unsportsmanlike behavior from both players.

I say " Double T, point of interruption Jump ball, let's move on." We do, table sounds the horn before we can get the ball back in play. Table says T on B is 7th, we should be shooting. Partner and I talk, both agree, no shots on the Double T explain to table and coaches, move on again.

I believe we were correct. Anyone disagree?
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 02:58pm
Courageous When Prudent

Simple question: Does the bonus ever apply to Technical Fouls?

You are wayyyyyyy over-thinking this.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 03:41pm
We don't rent pigs

And on a related note: B1 fouls A1, then picks up a T for complaining about the call. Table buzzes and signals 1 and 1. Upon further investigation, you learn the the personal was the sixth foul and the t was the seventh. The table may not know the difference, but we should.

Lonesome Dove
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 05:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
Last night my partner had a Double T late in a close game. Seems simple enough, but as usual, there's a complication. So here it is.

B pressing A full court in a 4 point game. B winning after being down 12 at the half. I am at mid court opposite the action, Partner calls a Jump Ball and then a T. He goes to the table and is talking to the table and the coach. It takes about 20 seconds or so and I go over and bring him to center court to see what happened. He has a Double T, unsportsmanlike behavior from both players.

I say " Double T, point of interruption Jump ball, let's move on." We do, table sounds the horn before we can get the ball back in play. Table says T on B is 7th, we should be shooting. Partner and I talk, both agree, no shots on the Double T explain to table and coaches, move on again.

I believe we were correct. Anyone disagree?
The only problem is your partner going to the table to report before telling you what has happened. Always inform your partner first!
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 09:37pm
Back from the DL

I say, you're correct. False double would be a different story.