The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 07, 2014, 01:26pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Wouldn't matter. Even if the Lead is coming across I don't see a good Center official bailing out from FTLE before this play develops. The Lead should probably be going across when he sees the play come down C's side, but C should be able to referee a 1 on 1 matchup with a screener pretty easily.
Could, should, would. Nonsense. You have an official looking at a screen AND a ball-handler and defender. So the two most important things are being looked at by one official while the other two do what? Lolligag, that's what.

This is the argument I expect to hear from coaches and athletic directors who think 3-person is a waste of $60, not from a thinking official.

You move to get the best look between the players. The best move here is a step or two UP, which you can't make when there's no L in position. The C holds his position when the L rotates over when it's the right thing to do, not 100% of the time. It's not bailing, it's using feet to improve the look, as Adam said.
Old Sun Dec 07, 2014, 01:27pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
The Trail is extremely slow getting across the division line. The Lead was probably enjoying the view and forgot the he needs to rotate.
Right. And I'm not waiting for the T to cross the division line. I'm going. The T can run right to the C position - he doesn't even need to stop.
Old Sun Dec 07, 2014, 03:42pm
In Time Out

decapitation!

the video was a bit clearer if you click on it and go to the youtube site. Harder to see it here. foul when she turned her shoulder and made contact.