The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 19, 2014, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

NAIA Patches

Does anybody know where I can buy just the NAIA Patch????
Old Tue Aug 19, 2014, 09:37am
Do not give a damn!!

My understanding you cannot just by the patch. You have to buy the shirt with the patch. And right now the only place that sells them is Honigs from what I have been told.

Peace
Old Tue Aug 19, 2014, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

My assignor actually suggested buying the shirt from Honigs and cutting the patch off and attaching magnets to it so it can be used on a better shirt. She doesn't think highly of the Honig shirt.
Old Thu Aug 21, 2014, 04:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_ref View Post
My assignor actually suggested buying the shirt from Honigs and cutting the patch off and attaching magnets to it so it can be used on a better shirt. She doesn't think highly of the Honig shirt.
I bought some new shirts last season from honing's and can also say that I'm not impressed č high them. I like the Smitty shirts that they replaced much more.
Old Wed Aug 27, 2014, 07:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Nor does she think much of your expenses either!
Old Thu Aug 28, 2014, 11:19am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
How much are you going to make during the season? A couple of shirts is going to put you out that much? Heck, if I am not sure, I will make around $175 each NAIA game (if football in with the same schools is the same) One check could pay for about 4 shirts and I do not think I will need that many. I might buy two shirts and be done.

Peace
Old Thu Aug 28, 2014, 01:58pm
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
How much are you going to make during the season? A couple of shirts is going to put you out that much? Heck, if I am not sure, I will make around $175 each NAIA game (if football in with the same schools is the same) One check could pay for about 4 shirts and I do not think I will need that many. I might buy two shirts and be done.

Peace
Last year we made $160/game for basketball in the CCAC. I doubt it is going up $15/game, but that would be nice. Even at $160, you can get 3 shirts for one game fee and be done with it.

The bigger rip off is the NAIA having their own arbiter site you have to join. The NCAA site isn't providing enough information for this new guy in charge of NAIA officials? In his emails, the guy sounds like a stroke.
Old Thu Aug 28, 2014, 10:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
Last year we made $160/game for basketball in the CCAC. I doubt it is going up $15/game, but that would be nice. Even at $160, you can get 3 shirts for one game fee and be done with it.

The bigger rip off is the NAIA having their own arbiter site you have to join. The NCAA site isn't providing enough information for this new guy in charge of NAIA officials? In his emails, the guy sounds like a stroke.
Well we will be paid $170 for a football game in the same conference you and I work. Most of the teams are the same teams that play football although it is a difference conference configuration. When the price went up in football, basketball matched that total. Honestly, I have no idea if this will be the case, but if last year is any indication, our fee is going up.

Peace
Old Fri Aug 29, 2014, 07:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The bigger rip off is the NAIA having their own arbiter site you have to join. The NCAA site isn't providing enough information for this new guy in charge of NAIA officials?
Has that started yet? It was supposed to start on 8/25 (I think), but I haven't seen it show up to join -- maybe I'm missing something.
Old Fri Aug 29, 2014, 09:26am
AremRed

Quote:
What?? Another 100 bucks out of officials pockets? This has gotta stop before conferences start charging 100 for their own Arbiter site.
Old Fri Aug 29, 2014, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Has that started yet? It was supposed to start on 8/25 (I think), but I haven't seen it show up to join -- maybe I'm missing something.
Yes, it's up and running.

https://naia.arbitersports.com/front/109470/Site

$50 to join if you're already a member of the NCAA Central Hub (for either men's or women's basketball), otherwise if you only do NAIA sports the fee is $125 (I think).

Unfortunately, it's non-optional if you plan to work NAIA contests this season.