The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NAIA Patches (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/98313-naia-patches.html)

phife23 Tue Aug 19, 2014 09:20am

NAIA Patches

Does anybody know where I can buy just the NAIA Patch????

JRutledge Tue Aug 19, 2014 09:37am

My understanding you cannot just by the patch. You have to buy the shirt with the patch. And right now the only place that sells them is Honigs from what I have been told.

Peace

Scuba_ref Tue Aug 19, 2014 03:58pm

My assignor actually suggested buying the shirt from Honigs and cutting the patch off and attaching magnets to it so it can be used on a better shirt. She doesn't think highly of the Honig shirt.

Camron Rust Thu Aug 21, 2014 04:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuba_ref (Post 939168)
My assignor actually suggested buying the shirt from Honigs and cutting the patch off and attaching magnets to it so it can be used on a better shirt. She doesn't think highly of the Honig shirt.

I bought some new shirts last season from honing's and can also say that I'm not impressed è high them. I like the Smitty shirts that they replaced much more.

Nevadaref Wed Aug 27, 2014 07:17am

Quote:

Nor does she think much of your expenses either!

JRutledge Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:19am

Quote:

How much are you going to make during the season? A couple of shirts is going to put you out that much? Heck, if I am not sure, I will make around $175 each NAIA game (if football in with the same schools is the same) One check could pay for about 4 shirts and I do not think I will need that many. I might buy two shirts and be done.

Peace

johnny d Thu Aug 28, 2014 01:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 939530)
How much are you going to make during the season? A couple of shirts is going to put you out that much? Heck, if I am not sure, I will make around $175 each NAIA game (if football in with the same schools is the same) One check could pay for about 4 shirts and I do not think I will need that many. I might buy two shirts and be done.

Peace

Last year we made $160/game for basketball in the CCAC. I doubt it is going up $15/game, but that would be nice. Even at $160, you can get 3 shirts for one game fee and be done with it.

The bigger rip off is the NAIA having their own arbiter site you have to join. The NCAA site isn't providing enough information for this new guy in charge of NAIA officials? In his emails, the guy sounds like a stroke.

JRutledge Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny d (Post 939543)
Last year we made $160/game for basketball in the CCAC. I doubt it is going up $15/game, but that would be nice. Even at $160, you can get 3 shirts for one game fee and be done with it.

The bigger rip off is the NAIA having their own arbiter site you have to join. The NCAA site isn't providing enough information for this new guy in charge of NAIA officials? In his emails, the guy sounds like a stroke.

Well we will be paid $170 for a football game in the same conference you and I work. Most of the teams are the same teams that play football although it is a difference conference configuration. When the price went up in football, basketball matched that total. Honestly, I have no idea if this will be the case, but if last year is any indication, our fee is going up.

Peace

bob jenkins Fri Aug 29, 2014 07:32am

Quote:

The bigger rip off is the NAIA having their own arbiter site you have to join. The NCAA site isn't providing enough information for this new guy in charge of NAIA officials?

Has that started yet? It was supposed to start on 8/25 (I think), but I haven't seen it show up to join -- maybe I'm missing something.

AremRed Fri Aug 29, 2014 09:26am

Quote:

What?? Another 100 bucks out of officials pockets? This has gotta stop before conferences start charging 100 for their own Arbiter site.

SWMOzebra Fri Aug 29, 2014 09:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 939563)
Has that started yet? It was supposed to start on 8/25 (I think), but I haven't seen it show up to join -- maybe I'm missing something.

Yes, it's up and running.

https://naia.arbitersports.com/front/109470/Site

$50 to join if you're already a member of the NCAA Central Hub (for either men's or women's basketball), otherwise if you only do NAIA sports the fee is $125 (I think).

Unfortunately, it's non-optional if you plan to work NAIA contests this season.