The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 26, 2013, 03:39pm
M.A.S.H.

Coaching Box - extending from 14' max

May require a little search by someone who has the yearly proposals...

I am wondering when the last time a rule proposal was submitted to the committee that basically proposed the rule be changed to the NCAA rule?

Appears IL may be submitting a proposal at the end of the year to do just that... just curious.

Not sure it will be approved; however, I'm in favor of it.
Old Tue Nov 26, 2013, 05:25pm
beware big brother

Illinois is not a full NFHS state. Whether or not they make that proposal or not and the adoption or lack thereof would make little difference here. If the IHSA wants to use a wider coaches box they would just dictate that to the officials, inform the schools, and that would be the policy here.

Based on the IHSA actions and emphasis on coaches box this season, I don't think they would be asking for a bigger coaches box anyway. Sounds more like something the coaches or athletic directors will be requesting of the IHSA.
Old Tue Nov 26, 2013, 05:56pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones1 View Post
May require a little search by someone who has the yearly proposals...

I am wondering when the last time a rule proposal was submitted to the committee that basically proposed the rule be changed to the NCAA rule?

Appears IL may be submitting a proposal at the end of the year to do just that... just curious.

Not sure it will be approved; however, I'm in favor of it.
I'd be in favor of it, too.
Old Tue Nov 26, 2013, 05:58pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
Illinois is not a full NFHS state. Whether or not they make that proposal or not and the adoption or lack thereof would make little difference here. If the IHSA wants to use a wider coaches box they would just dictate that to the officials, inform the schools, and that would be the policy here.

Based on the IHSA actions and emphasis on coaches box this season, I don't think they would be asking for a bigger coaches box anyway. Sounds more like something the coaches or athletic directors will be requesting of the IHSA.
Could be; however, it says they (coaches) are working with the IHSA Advisory Board to create a proposal to NFHS.

IBCA Statement on Coaching Box | Illinois Basketball Coaches Association
Old Tue Nov 26, 2013, 11:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post

Illinois is not a full NFHS state because they do not pay fees for the officials (Insurance and membership). My understanding this has nothing to do with voting for rules or being represented on committees. So that means they follow all NF rules for the most part. If they just decide to do something different with the coaching box, that would likely jeopardize their status to vote for things in NF committees. And based on what I have heard from IHSA people, they are not willing to do such a thing.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Tue Nov 26, 2013 at 11:47pm.