The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 05:45pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Do you think that the rule will allow for different colors like the headband/wristband/armband rule? Let's say that many players on Team A, all wearing red jerseys, are wearing white headbands. Several are wearing red wristbands, and several are wearing black arm compression sleeves (for medical reasons). Nobody's wearing any other colors. Everybody's legal? Right?
Unless the rule is going to change, the team has to match in color with the headbands and wristbands. Then the "team" color could be different for an arm sleeve. And unless the rule is clear there could be a different color for compression sleeves on the legs. I just do not know why anyone cares about this?

Peace
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 05:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Do you think that the rule will allow for different colors like the headband/wristband/armband rule? Let's say that many players on Team A, all wearing red jerseys, are wearing white headbands. Several are wearing red wristbands, and several are wearing black arm compression sleeves (for medical reasons). Nobody's wearing any other colors. Everybody's legal? Right?
Nope, the headbands and wristbands must be the same color.
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 05:51pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Stupid NFHS Fashion Police Monkeys ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Next thing we are going to say is the shoes and socks should match.
Full length tights? Illegal.
Compression shorts? Legal if above the knee and single color similar to color of the shorts.
Undergarments? Legal if they don't extend below the shorts.
Leg sleeves? Legal for medical reasons with color restrictions.
Socks? No rules, even if they go from the player's feet all the way up underneath the player's shorts. Socks (below) are legal.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu May 09, 2013 at 05:57pm.
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 05:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Turn In Your Service Weapons And Fashion Police Badges ...

Quote:
The team has to match in color with the headbands and wristbands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Nope, the headbands and wristbands must be the same color.
Says who?

3-5-4-A: Headbands and wristbands shall be white, black, beige or a single solid school color and shall be the same color for each item and all participants.

"Same color for each item."

Not, same color for both items.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu May 09, 2013 at 05:56pm.
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 05:58pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Full length tights? Illegal.
Compression shorts? Legal if above the knee and single color similar to color of the shorts.
Undergarments? Legal if they don't extend below the shorts.
Leg sleeves? Legal for medical reasons with color restrictions.

Socks? No rules, even if they go from the player's feet all the way up underneath the player's shorts. Socks (below) are legal.
Billy I am very aware of the rule. And there was once a rule about socks and the logo and I remember the silliness the NF has worried about when it comes to uniforms. I just think it is silly and open up all kinds of problems. And once again this is why there needs to be people that actually officiate or are active to make these decisions. I cannot think of any official that loves worrying about these things when we are out there to work a game. It is an annoyance at best that it even has to be addressed and mostly done out of fear that someone not associated with the game will come down on us for ignoring the rule.

Peace
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 06:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Says who?

3-5-4-A: Headbands and wristbands shall be white, black, beige or a single solid school color and shall be the same color for each item and all participants.

"Same color for each item."

Not, same color for both items.
Maybe you need to go back and look at the NF slides when the rule was changed or look at the Simplified and Illustrated Book, because it is clear that you cannot have one color for a head band and someone else wears a wristband of a different color.

Peace
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 06:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Please ...

Quote:
Maybe you need to go back and look at the NF slides when the rule was changed or look at the Simplified and Illustrated Book, because it is clear that you cannot have one color for a head band and someone else wears a wristband of a different color.
I am not, repeat, am not, questioning your integrity, but I would love to see these.

Old Thu May 09, 2013, 06:04pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Agree ...

Quote:
Silliness ... Silly ... Annoyance.
Powerful words.

Old Thu May 09, 2013, 06:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I am not, repeat, am not, questioning your integrity, but I would love to see these.
Just put my check in the mail.

3.5.4 SITUATION: Team A’s school colors are blue and gold and the predomi- nate color of Team A’s jerseys are white. Prior to the game, an official notices that several Team A members are wearing (a) blue headbands and blue wristbands; or (b) beige pre-wrap around the entire head and blue wristbands. RULING: Legal in (a). Illegal equipment in (b); the headband color does not match the wristband color. The official shall inform the player and the head coach that these items are illegal and may not be worn during the game.
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 06:10pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Thanks For Pointing This Out ...

Quote:
JRutledge and Nevadaref. I apologize. It appears that you are correct, headbands must be the same color as wristbands, according to this casebook play:

3.5.4 SITUATION: Team A’s school colors are blue and gold and the predominate color of Team A’s jerseys are white. Prior to the game, an official notices that several Team A members are wearing beige pre-wrap around the entire head and blue wristbands. RULING: Illegal equipment in ; the headband color does not match the wristband color. The official shall inform the player and the head coach that these items are illegal and may not be worn during the game.

Yet another instance where the wording of the rule doesn't match the casebook play.

Old Thu May 09, 2013, 06:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Thanks ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Just put my check in the mail.
It's already in the mail. I would still like to see the NFHS slide when the rule was changed, or the illustration in the the Simplified and Illustrated Book.

I also believe that the wording in the actual rule must be changed.

Old Thu May 09, 2013, 06:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
JRutledge and Nevadaref. I apologize. It appears that you are correct, headbands must be the same color as wristbands, according to this casebook play:

3.5.4 SITUATION: Team A’s school colors are blue and gold and the predominate color of Team A’s jerseys are white. Prior to the game, an official notices that several Team A members are wearing beige pre-wrap around the entire head and blue wristbands. RULING: Illegal equipment in ; the headband color does not match the wristband color. The official shall inform the player and the head coach that these items are illegal and may not be worn during the game.

Yet another instance where the wording of the rule doesn't match the casebook play.
3-5-3

Sorry I cannot tell you the exact page of the slide shows, but this was a NF slide that shows what the intent of the rule is.

And Billy I would think you would know that the rulebook tells you what the rule says, the casebook tells you how to apply the rule. I think you read too much into the situation and what the rule meant. This was cleared up a long time ago.

Peace
Old Thu May 09, 2013, 06:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Thanks ...

Quote:

Old Thu May 09, 2013, 07:48pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fools Rush In Where Wise Men Never Go (Ricky Nelson) ...

Quote:
This was cleared up a long time ago.
So it was an issue at one time in the past? I think that I was absent the day that it was cleared up. I had the flu. Yeah. That's it. Absent. Now I don't feel so foolish. I still feel foolish, but not as foolish.

Old Thu May 09, 2013, 09:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
So it was an issue at one time in the past? I think that I was absent the day that it was cleared up. I had the flu. Yeah. That's it. Absent. Now I don't feel so foolish. I still feel foolish, but not as foolish.
No. It was clearly the intent of the rule from the very beginning, you must have missed it if you did not realize this was out there. Or maybe IAABO does not do a good job of informing you guys of the change when it took place. So no this was never something anyone I have ever come in contact was confused by if they were properly informed.

Peace