The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Our new jackets for next year are the CCA jackets with the KHSAA Embroidered patch here in Kentucky. And our new shirts are the wide seam, with the embroidered KHSAA LOGO on the shirts as well. They were mandatory for state tourney this year and Mandatory for playoffs next year and mandatory for all games the year after. Someone is getting some big bucks for all this embroidered stuff. OUr Commish hates the grey so we will never go to it, but it sure does look a lot better than the stripes.
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I get the appearance of perception and what it means to many. I have a hard time getting my hands around a concept that is not real is what it boils down to (plus perception is very arbitrary and subjective). It's just me personally but I always let the person's actions speak for themselves and I can see how some would take offense I personally don't.
And on a side note I would automatically assume a college official is (and should) be a better official that a HS one (practically speaking not always true but this should be the case). Much like how an NBA player would be better than a college player.
You contradict yourself, your assumption that guy in jacket is better ref is exactly what many have a problem with, subtlety conveying that you're a better official than your partners. There is a reason they call it a uniform.

On another note, there is 'that guy' around here who does a handful of D3 women's games before massive crowds in the 50's at obscure schools in the boonies. We have bets on the over/under every time he mentions "in my college games" in pregame, it usually is around 10. He also gives the perception he's 'filling in the gaps' in his schedule around his college games.
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 10:11am
big jake

They might not have enough money to buy 2 seperate jackets? If they are still doing HS games they must not get many college games and not have the extra money??? Jackets are expensive!
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 10:12am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by big jake View Post
They might not have enough money to buy 2 seperate jackets? If they are still doing HS games they must not get many college games and not have the extra money??? Jackets are expensive!
If you're doing college games you have money for a jacket.
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 10:13am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Oh baloney. Go ask Curtis, he'll tell you why that's wrong.
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 10:36am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritchie View Post
Our new jackets for next year are the CCA jackets with the KHSAA Embroidered patch here in Kentucky. And our new shirts are the wide seam, with the embroidered KHSAA LOGO on the shirts as well. They were mandatory for state tourney this year and Mandatory for playoffs next year and mandatory for all games the year after. Someone is getting some big bucks for all this embroidered stuff. OUr Commish hates the grey so we will never go to it, but it sure does look a lot better than the stripes.
If the KHSAA logo is covering the CCA logo, then it is not really a CCA jacket anymore...
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 10:45am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
I've never worked one HS varsity game where the cost of a jacket is more than the game fee.

Some officials are the cheapest people I know. It costs money to be an official.
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
This...doesn't even make sense
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 11:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
If the KHSAA logo is covering the CCA logo, then it is not really a CCA jacket anymore...
Exactly. The OP isn't really about the jacket itself, it's about wearing something that most others don't wear and that is at a "higher level" than others wear.
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I've never worked one HS varsity game where the cost of a jacket is more than the game fee.

Some officials are the cheapest people I know. It costs money to be an official.
Bingo, incredible, some guys have same pants from 10 years ago or shoes going on 5, 6 years And a few of them still do varsity.
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 05:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Apologies To Moses ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
... the same can be said for people who wear belted pants.
I’ll give up my black belt when you take it from my cold, dead, waist.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Mar 17, 2013, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

This may be off topic but why do they hv the "visible count" in basketball??
Old Sun Mar 17, 2013, 11:47am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakgrove1 View Post
This may be off topic but why do they hv the "visible count" in basketball??
What makes you think they don't?
Old Sun Mar 17, 2013, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Or because (insert big name here) does it and I want people to think I am just as good as (insert big name) and now it's a habit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
What makes you think they don't?
I'm just asking what's the purpose of it??? I'm new here haha
Old Sun Mar 17, 2013, 11:53am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I’ll give up my black belt when you take it from my cold, dead, waist.
I still think the saddest thing is that you continue to reference it as a point of (misplaced, IMO) pride.