The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 28, 2012, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

college clinics

Can anyone give me the websites or info on what the best college exposure clinics are for the midwest. (GLIAC, Horizon, MIAA) New job has given me more time and I'm looking to move up and do some college officiating. I have been doing exhibitions for D 2's in my area and the coaches have suggested I try to do more. They are sending a tape of me to the GLIAC assignor to try and help me out. Not sure if it will though. Up until now it would not have been possible for me to do the college schedule at all. I've been doing HS ball for 17 years. Anyways looking for advice.
Old Sun Oct 28, 2012, 08:46am
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NailsDykstra View Post
Can anyone give me the websites or info on what the best college exposure clinics are for the midwest. (GLIAC, Horizon, MIAA) New job has given me more time and I'm looking to move up and do some college officiating. I have been doing exhibitions for D 2's in my area and the coaches have suggested I try to do more. They are sending a tape of me to the GLIAC assignor to try and help me out. Not sure if it will though. Up until now it would not have been possible for me to do the college schedule at all. I've been doing HS ball for 17 years. Anyways looking for advice.
One option is a high school camp at MSU in East Lansing which is run by a prominent assigner for the Horizon/MIAA/GLIAC. One downside of this camp expressed by some is that seems to be more an exposure camp for getting into those and similar conferences than a pure high school camp. If valid, that may be an upside for you. Below references will give you that assigner's name and contact info.
Info at: Great Lakes Referee Home. A link to a previous year's informational sheet on this camp is at: http://greatlakesreferee.com/highschool/camp_2011.pdf. This past year's info sheet was posted on the Arbiter and it seemed to have vanished when registrations for the camp closed.

BTW, that was my 1000th post. I am now about 1/18th the official some of the other esteemed contributors of this forum are! I'm celebrating today.

Last edited by Freddy; Sun Oct 28, 2012 at 10:33am.
Old Sun Oct 28, 2012, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Thanks. I will check it out.
Old Sun Oct 28, 2012, 10:39am
This IS My Social Life

Furthermore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NailsDykstra View Post
Thanks. I will check it out.
Check your private mail for contact information for a fella from up there who successfully made the jump you're considering. He served on staff at another camp where GLIAC/Horizon officials popularly work as clinicians.

Last edited by Freddy; Sun Oct 28, 2012 at 10:42am.