The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 29, 2009, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

Clinics

I am hoping that you all can make some recommendations for a spring or summer clinic. Ive just finished my first year officiating and want to advance as much as I can along the learning curve during the off-season. I believe a clinic that includes on-field experience and review would be best, but have only found two such clinics thus far: one in Houston and the other in Fresno. Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Old Mon Nov 30, 2009, 12:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by procivil View Post
I am hoping that you all can make some recommendations for a spring or summer clinic. Ive just finished my first year officiating and want to advance as much as I can along the learning curve during the off-season. I believe a clinic that includes on-field experience and review would be best, but have only found two such clinics thus far: one in Houston and the other in Fresno. Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.
Many states have clinics targeting local officials but I'm sure they would welcome someone from out state. Northern Kentucky has one near Cincinnati that might be close enough for you. Our Indiana clinic is in mid-June. USA Football used to do a good job of listing the various clinics but with their recent changes I'm not sure how much they will do that in the future.
Old Mon Nov 30, 2009, 06:44am
Chain of Fools

Honig's web site lists some clinics, usually.

I attended the Northern Kentucky one about three years ago. Its usually in March. They've got nothing up about 2010 yet. Its held about 30 miles or so south of Cincy.

There will be one in the Roanoke, VA area that has been detailed before on Refstripes.com - http://www.brfoc.com/.

USA Football puts some on around the country. Some are just one day clinics and some are weekend, on-field affairs. Seems like the nearest weekend clinic has been in Tampa. They utilize some of the pro team facilities so I would look for Cleveland or Pittsburgh near you.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the leads thus far. I greatly appreciate the replies. Ill check these out. If you hear of any others, please let me know.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 06:04pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the leads thus far. I greatly appreciate the replies. Ill check these out. If you hear of any others, please let me know.
Old Tue Dec 01, 2009, 09:38pm
Official Forum Member

I think that most of the National (Chicago, Honig's in Lansing) clinics are geared for those already doing high school that are trying to get into college.

Try the Big 33 in Hershey, Pa.
Old Wed Dec 02, 2009, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

The Tom Beard Football Officials Clinic in DC is awesome!

TBFOC