The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

Was just notified of a clinic in my area - Idaho. You know we do have a rough time playing baseball in Idaho... in the snow and all. But we do play and just the same, a clinic in Nampa,Idaho at the Northwest Nazarene College.

2nd Annual (once more will be twice and that is a trend), in Nampa, Jan 28-30, with Joe Burleson MLB Ump Supervisor and NCAA World Series Ump, Tom Hiler West Coast Conference coordinator and former instructor at the Academy of Professional Umpiring, and Dan Perugini Golden Baseball League supoervisor and 20 years collegiate ump.

Does anybody know anything about this camp or the instructors? Anyone go last year?

The price is cheap, if not unusual, at $109 for about 16 hours of instruction.
Old Wed Jan 12, 2005, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know these instructors, but I would expect a good clinic from their listed experience. Heck, what else are you doing on a January weekend in Idaho, anyways? I ALWAYS learn something at a clinic, especially if they have cages for plate work. And the price is good; less than two varsity fees in Massachusetts.