The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Reebok Zig's

I was lucky enought to have purchased these shoes back when my season started. I really like them because they are light and comfortable and according to the kids "they look cool".

Anyway as the season went along I began to have a little pain in my right knee. Normally as the season goes I have feet issue's but not knee issues. Now my feet didnt hurt at all with these shoes but my right knee for some reason started to hurt more and more as my season drew to a close. I have been talking to some other officials during my playoff run ask me how I like my shoes and I tell them that I really like them but my right knee has been hurting. Here is where it get's kinda funny, their reply is that they have the same issue with the shoes or know of someone with the same issue as me, and that is the right knee hurting.

Now call it a coincedence or not, I just wanted to throw out a question to those who my have them here and see if any of you have had any issues with them. Not sure at this time if I would get another pair or not. I just finished this past Friday night so some time off will hopefully take care of my sore knee.

Brad
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaRef View Post
I was lucky enought to have purchased these shoes back when my season started. I really like them because they are light and comfortable and according to the kids "they look cool".

Anyway as the season went along I began to have a little pain in my right knee. Normally as the season goes I have feet issue's but not knee issues. Now my feet didnt hurt at all with these shoes but my right knee for some reason started to hurt more and more as my season drew to a close. I have been talking to some other officials during my playoff run ask me how I like my shoes and I tell them that I really like them but my right knee has been hurting. Here is where it get's kinda funny, their reply is that they have the same issue with the shoes or know of someone with the same issue as me, and that is the right knee hurting.

Now call it a coincedence or not, I just wanted to throw out a question to those who my have them here and see if any of you have had any issues with them. Not sure at this time if I would get another pair or not. I just finished this past Friday night so some time off will hopefully take care of my sore knee.

Brad
By far best shoe I've ever owned. I have the patent leather ones and found a reebok outlet that sells the leather ones for 79.99 and half off a second pair, so I bought another pair.

Here's the weird part, my right shoe with patents seems a smidge bigger, so when I bought new leather ones expected it was one time deal...uh uh same fit. Now I'm thinking maybe my foot is sized different yet with any other shoe I've never noticed a difference.

That said, no issues with any pain, quite the contrary.
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Here's the weird part, my right shoe with patents seems a smidge bigger, so when I bought new leather ones expected it was one time deal...uh uh same fit. Now I'm thinking maybe my foot is sized different yet with any other shoe I've never noticed a difference.
I believe the patent's have less stretch than most shoes. All of your shoes may be fitting you the same way (with one foot looser/tighter than the other) but you never noticed it since the shoes were more forgiving.
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 02:51pm
Official Forum Member

I bought a pair of these shoes at the start of the season. They look great and feel great. Have not had a problem with them. My question to you is: Have you ever been to a specialized running shoe store that can video and evaluate your running style? If not, it may be worth it for you, around here there is a store called BlueMile that does an awesome job of fitting the right running shoe for you.
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 03:53pm
Official Forum Member

Well,

...I'd ref in a pair of black Vibram Five Fingers if I didn't think my association assigner would immediately revoke all my games for wearing "monkey shoes!"

Black KSO Vibram Five Fingers in "Dress Mode"
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 04:16pm
I miss being on the floor

I haven't bought a pair yet, but it's high on my list of offseason priorities. It's definitely the first complaint I've heard about the shoes.
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

i have no issues with these shoes
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 05:26pm
Official Forum Member

Bought a pair at the beginning of the season. They are the best I have ever used for reffing. No knee pain or foot pain. I have had surgery on both knees so I am accustomed to knee pain. Zigs have really helped.

I did buy them one size larger because of the width.
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 08:59pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I'm with the majority here......

Best shoe I've used to date. No issues with feet or knees.
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Well, knowing Bubba, I never woulda thought someone that slow could hurt themselves...

Brad, I personally know a couple of other officials that have the patent leather version, and they love them as well. I didn't get mine ordered soon enough, so I didn't get a chance to try them myself this season. I'm going to get a pair before camps this summer and try them out before next season.

(Used with permission.)
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

I love my Zigs.. I WAS having leg problems until I started wearing these... But make sure you get them a size bigger!!
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Love my Zigs. Used to have fairly severe shin splints, and they are very much reduced since I started wearing Zigs.

In fact, I just bought another pair at Footlocker online : TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

Last edited by ddn; Mon Feb 27, 2012 at 10:04pm.
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

Best shoes I've ever had. No problems at all. In fact I've had less problems this year than I ever have had before.
Old Mon Feb 27, 2012, 11:14pm
Travel, Offside & Strike!

81 games later, I am still convinced that they are the best shoe out there. Beats the heck out of the NB 888's I wore last season.
Old Tue Feb 28, 2012, 12:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaRef View Post

Brad
My guess is your knee issue is unrelated. I'd have a doctor look at it.

Everyone in our association who has these shoes raves about them. I've never worn a better shoe, nor had less leg and foot pain thatn I've had this year.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith