The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Reebok Plate Shoes

Guys,I've been a NB 450 guy(3 sets),but if you haven't tried the Reebok,you are missing out on the most comfortable shoe on the market.Honigs is the only place I could find my size,but they claim to have a pretty good stock of them as Reebok didn't know the demand would be so great,so says alot of dealers I tried ordering from.Anyways just going to pass that along,try'em,you won't regret it!!
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTick48 View Post
Guys,I've been a NB 450 guy(3 sets),but if you haven't tried the Reebok,you are missing out on the most comfortable shoe on the market.Honigs is the only place I could find my size,but they claim to have a pretty good stock of them as Reebok didn't know the demand would be so great,so says alot of dealers I tried ordering from.Anyways just going to pass that along,try'em,you won't regret it!!

I concur. Bought a pair after my cousin told me about his. (He got his free, the son-of-a-b!tch) Only suggestion I would make is to buy a width larger than normal. They seem to run a bit narrow. Not a big deal. I had to buy my NB's a half size larger than normal, so I'm accustomed to plate shoes varying somewhat.

Last edited by MrUmpire; Sun Mar 29, 2009 at 08:54pm.
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 05:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
I bought a pair and love them so far. I had scouting between the NB shoes and asking around about the Reebok's and went with the Reeboks after seeing and hearing from guys that have the NB 450's that have had lace problems and this and that problem.
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnSandlin View Post
I bought a pair and love them so far. I had scouting between the NB shoes and asking around about the Reebok's and went with the Reeboks after seeing and hearing from guys that have the NB 450's that have had lace problems and this and that problem.

I just ordered a pair of New Balance today. I've never worn them, but I really like New Balance shoes in general so I figured the plate shoes would be to my liking as well. I've never had a pair of Reebok shoes that I found comfortable.
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 09:40pm
Stop staring at me swan.

a year ago, you couldn't find a guy that liked them. how many free pair is Reebok giving away?
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 09:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
If Reebok is giving shoes away for free, then I missed the announcement. May be Reebok went back to the designing drawing board and revamped their quality of the products they make and sell.
Old Sun Mar 29, 2009, 11:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaMike View Post
I just ordered a pair of New Balance today. I've never worn them, but I really like New Balance shoes in general so I figured the plate shoes would be to my liking as well. I've never had a pair of Reebok shoes that I found comfortable.
I will be keeping my NB's as back-up. Some on here think they are difficult to lace and I've read that they are difficult to put on when you have a high arch. Once on, however, they are light and comfortable.

My new Reeboks, however, are even more comfortable and feel lighter. Right now, I consider them quite simply the best plate shoe I have ever worn and my past collection includes spot-bilt (two pair) (way back in the day), Davis (two pair), PlusPos, Honigs(two pair), NB's and now Reebok.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2009, 09:40pm
Official Forum Member

Call Kessler's in Atlanta, you'll save a bundle.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2009, 09:42pm
Stop staring at me swan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
a year ago, you couldn't find a guy that liked them. how many free pair is Reebok giving away?
find the old thread on here on Reebok plate shoes...maybe it was on Drake's site...but there sure weren't many fans...that's all I'm saying...maybe they're better now
Old Mon Mar 30, 2009, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTick48 View Post
I'll buy a pair when they come out with a less garish design, or when I discover something more effective than Testor's model car paint to black out all of that white. Look at these things. They're a big compromise on the not-too-much-white standard. I'm not that good an artist. That little N on each New Balance is about my speed:

Good grief, can't they just use the white outline like the football shoes? Even that would be passable:

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Mon Mar 30, 2009 at 10:04pm.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2009, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Kevin, non-acetyl finger nail polish remover takes the white off. Then black die for safety sake, then polish. Blacked out the +POS logo that way - a little work but it looks great!!

Just a helpful hint for future reference.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2009, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg08 View Post
find the old thread on here on Reebok plate shoes...maybe it was on Drake's site...but there sure weren't many fans...that's all I'm saying...maybe they're better now
The negative comments then were based on the appearance. The positive comments now are based on their confort and functionality.

When the NB's first came out, the comments regarding the "fugly" appearance of the rivited metatarsl plate were also highly negative. The comments became positive once people starting wearing them.

The phobia of white trim on plate shoes is gradually falling by the wayside just as it has on base shoes.

The Reboks are even more comfortable that NB's and far easier to lace.

To each his own.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2009, 11:12pm
Official Forum Member

What makes them more comfortable than the NB's?

Every pair of Reeboks I have ever tried have been way too narrow for me, while the 2E's or 4E's of the NB's are perfect. If they have made the shoes better great for them! But color me unconvinced at this point.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2009, 11:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkumpire View Post
What makes them more comfortable than the NB's?

Every pair of Reeboks I have ever tried have been way too narrow for me, while the 2E's or 4E's of the NB's are perfect. If they have made the shoes better great for them! But color me unconvinced at this point.
com·fort·a·ble (kmfr-t-bl, kmft-bl, kmftr-)
adj.
1. Providing physical comfort.
2. Free from stress or anxiety; at ease.
3. Producing feelings of ease or security,
4. Sufficient to provide financial security.

I'd say a lot more of number one and a little more of number three than the NB's.

I stated earlier that they run narrow and one should order one width size larger than usual.

What you are colored really doesn't concern me. Whether or not you ever wear Reebok plates shoes is insignificant. This thread was started by someone who enjoys his Reeboks. I entered the thread to relate my experience. I own no stock in the company and don't work for shoe retailer. I have no vested interest in what anyone choses to wear.
Old Tue Mar 31, 2009, 07:47am
Official Forum Member

It's good there is competition between two "comfortable" plate shoes on the market.
My feet wish I'd had my NB's about 15 years ago.