The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 12, 2012, 09:07am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
So the best answer is two technicals to the player if necessary for ejection, foul shots by the sub with the lanes cleared, then 4 free throws by the other team with the lanes cleared and then ball at mid court. Sound about right?
Not how I would handle it. One T max if you must but I don't even like a T here.
Old Fri Jan 13, 2012, 09:05am
TODO: creative title here

AAAAAAAAAAnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddd ...... I almost had this very situation happen in a game last night.

Rec league, 14U. Team A has 5 players total, Team B has 6.

A22 is a pretty decent player (well, relative to the other kids on the court). Yet he's constantly frustrated because he's missing shots. Several times he'd miss a layup, B would get the rebound, and A22 would just stand in the offensive zone and sulk without making any attempt to get back on defense.

Finally, in the 2nd half, he missed a layup, said (loud enough for me to hear as the L) "That's it, I'm done", and started walking off the court while B was transitioning to their basket. As soon as I see this, the alarm bells go off in my head and this thread immediately springs to mind. Which then puts me in the "am I gonna have to T up this kid?" mode.

Luckily (for me), B missed a quick layup attempt, A got the rebound, and A's coach called a timeout before the kid made it off the court. A's coach then spent the timeout convincing A22 to stay in the game, which he did until he fouled out 4 minutes later.