Not my fault.....this time.

I was talking about jackets.

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Aug 06, 2012, 08:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
It's time.

Psht...we haven't even gotten to talking about belts yet!
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Mon Aug 06, 2012 at 08:49pm.
Old Mon Aug 06, 2012, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If you have not figured out, I never wear my uniform out of the "locker room" ever. I always change from those clothes. Now some places you know do not have a good shower and I will still not come dressed.
Likewise...I've only shown up in uniform once and that was because I was late (mix up on playing site).
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Mon Aug 06, 2012, 08:53pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Likewise...I've only shown up in uniform once and that was because I was late (mix up on playing site).
Agreed. I don't always shower at the site after a game, but 75% of my games are within 15 minutes of my house. Of the rest, I think maybe two or three offer showers. Of the schools far enough away to warrant a carpool, I don't know that any offer showers. I just change back into my street clothes, pack up my stuff, and go home to shower.

And I'm a guy who needs to shower by halftime, usually.
Old Tue Aug 07, 2012, 06:22am
Esteemed Forum Member

For Official Use Only ...

I'm amazed at the differences in changing area "culture" demonstrated in the previous posts.

My local board services over seventy high schools, and all, but one, offer a secure changing area, and a shower. In most of these schools the changing area is either a coaches office, or a combined coaches/officials dressing area. Many offer lockers, bring your own lock, to hang up street clothes. The newer high schools in our area, those constructed in the past ten years, usually have a changing area dedicated to officials only.

Varsity, and subvarsity, officials around here wouldn't dream of leaving a high school site in their uniform, or leaving a high school site without showering, and putting their "business casual" street clothes on over a sweaty (yuck) body.

Middle school sites are entirely different. Most don't have a secure dressing area, and almost none have showers available. Most officials come dressed in uniform, and leave in their sweaty uniform.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Aug 07, 2012 at 06:46am.
Old Tue Aug 07, 2012, 06:27am
Esteemed Forum Member

Not My Favorite Site ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
I've only shown up in uniform once and that was because I was late (mix up on playing site).
My local board recently began servicing a new school, a small, private, girls prep school. I worked there for the first time this past year. I showed up in my "business casual" street clothes and had to change in a men's lavatory, off the gymnasium, with a few lockers next to the urinals. No privacy. Several fans came in to use the facilities while I was changing. No showers. Next time I'm showing up in my uniform, and, again, I'll be forced to drive home in my sweaty uniform (yuck).
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Aug 07, 2012 at 06:41am.
Old Tue Aug 07, 2012, 06:02pm
Esteemed Forum Member

What's Behind Door Number Two ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
My local board services over seventy high schools, and all, but one, offer a secure changing area, and a shower.
I was wrong. There is a second school with no secure dressing area, and no shower. We service a small Christian high school that does not have a gymnasium. They play their games in a nearby elementary school. The first time that I was assigned there I showed up in "business casual" street clothes and was told to get dressed in a lavatory, or behind the curtain on the stage at one end of the court. Needless to say, the next time that I was assigned there, I came in uniform, and left in a sweaty (yuck) uniform.