View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 07, 2012, 06:22am
Esteemed Forum Member

For Official Use Only ...

I'm amazed at the differences in changing area "culture" demonstrated in the previous posts.

My local board services over seventy high schools, and all, but one, offer a secure changing area, and a shower. In most of these schools the changing area is either a coaches office, or a combined coaches/officials dressing area. Many offer lockers, bring your own lock, to hang up street clothes. The newer high schools in our area, those constructed in the past ten years, usually have a changing area dedicated to officials only.

Varsity, and subvarsity, officials around here wouldn't dream of leaving a high school site in their uniform, or leaving a high school site without showering, and putting their "business casual" street clothes on over a sweaty (yuck) body.

Middle school sites are entirely different. Most don't have a secure dressing area, and almost none have showers available. Most officials come dressed in uniform, and leave in their sweaty uniform.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Aug 07, 2012 at 06:46am.