The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Nov 14, 2011, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Pre-games work

Partner and I worked two 8th grade games on Saturday. We pre-gamed some points of emphasis but specifically low-post play, in particular being aware of plays spinning away from L (i.e., from the outside of the lane to the inside). Sure enough, had a low post play where I was T, post player spins and gets hacked going up for the shot. My partner was blocked by the shooter's body and couldn't see the contact but I did and called the foul.

I'd like to think we would have gotten this correct without the pre-game, and probably would have, but it's always good to go over situations like this and make sure. As an added bonus I had a ref in the stands yell that it "Wasn't my call!"
Old Mon Nov 14, 2011, 01:29pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Partner and I worked two 8th grade games on Saturday. We pre-gamed some points of emphasis but specifically low-post play, in particular being aware of plays spinning away from L (i.e., from the outside of the lane to the inside). Sure enough, had a low post play where I was T, post player spins and gets hacked going up for the shot. My partner was blocked by the shooter's body and couldn't see the contact but I did and called the foul.

I'd like to think we would have gotten this correct without the pre-game, and probably would have, but it's always good to go over situations like this and make sure. As an added bonus I had a ref in the stands yell that it "Wasn't my call!"
Sounds like there's a reason he's in the stands.
Old Mon Nov 14, 2011, 02:31pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
As an added bonus I had a ref in the stands yell that it "Wasn't my call!"
He's right. It wasn't his call.