The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

# of Games/ $ / Tracking your yearly work...

I was just curious what the going rate around the country was for various levels...also, how many games a year/season are you working...I thought it would be fun to start keeping a tally for myself and do you happen to use any software to log/track your games. I have an old XL program that somebody wrote back about 5 years ago...I'd like to get an updated version if anyone has anything....

For me...I know I worked 82 games from Jan into March in one rec league I did....I added about another 10-15 from their travel program....Then over the summer I've been working anywhere from 2-8 games per weekend.

Typically the rec stuff in Indy is paying $20 to $25 per game depending on the league....There is one facility in Indy that only pays $15/game.

HS is all over the board...I've heard $45 to $95 depending on how far you travel...

So what about your area....and if you have any good ideas for keeping track of games/pay/mileage for tax purposes...let me know...
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

Do a search. There's plenty of threads.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Are you going retro with your signature BBR? I'm sitting here trying to remember who sang that.... Bad Company??
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltdoggs
I was just curious what the going rate around the country was for various levels...also, how many games a year/season are you working...I thought it would be fun to start keeping a tally for myself and do you happen to use any software to log/track your games. I have an old XL program that somebody wrote back about 5 years ago...I'd like to get an updated version if anyone has anything....

For me...I know I worked 82 games from Jan into March in one rec league I did....I added about another 10-15 from their travel program....Then over the summer I've been working anywhere from 2-8 games per weekend.

Typically the rec stuff in Indy is paying $20 to $25 per game depending on the league....There is one facility in Indy that only pays $15/game.

HS is all over the board...I've heard $45 to $95 depending on how far you travel...

So what about your area....and if you have any good ideas for keeping track of games/pay/mileage for tax purposes...let me know...
SD is typically $70 for high school games + mileage.....only the largest class and a few other schools assign, otherwise it's contract one and bring 1 or 2 partners.

College is $100/game with one mileage paid.

I just keep track of my info on a word document, filling in as I go. A lot of nights I won't get paid, it will come in the mail at a later date (I hate that and the keeping track of who has paid and who hasn't")... I also keep track of other expenses for the year for when tax season rolls around.
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splute
Are you going retro with your signature BBR? I'm sitting here trying to remember who sang that.... Bad Company??
Renegade by Styx
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Tnxs... that would have bothered me for hours
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltdoggs
I use a simple spreadsheet that I created in Excel. I list the date, home school, away team, date assigned, date changed, miles, and date paid. If I have a cancelation, I do not delete it. Instead, I put a line through it and enter the "date changed."

I do not keep exact mileage on the car anymore. I simply use the miles from Google maps.

This makes it easy for me to reconcile all my information for tax purposes and to see which schools are slow to pay.