The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 03, 2011, 09:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear2020 View Post
I have been visiting this site since about 1997, but only recently started posting, as a discussion board i feel that i can express my opinions freely...
Since '97?!?!?! You're a vet, you should know the drill
Expressing flat out wrong "opinions" about a RULE will get you smacked around every time. If one chooses to be stubborn after being hit with rule/casebook references... you being around since '97 & all, should know that the degree of smacks always increase. And the people that generally do the smacking haven't even chimed in.
Its only because we are in the off-season that you got this much play!

Quote:
In slow motion we can see that at about 0:10 the offensives player has gathered the ball which is the start of the habitual shooting motion and the defensive player is still moving. Block!
Right after you made THAT comment (correct ruling but not for the right reasons) Billy was nice to you, I was nice to you, Snaqs was nice to you. You have been combining rules ever since, trying to defend your incorrect position. You know, sorta like the guy that calls travel on designated spot throw-ins
Yeah, its a violation but not because of a travel.
All you had to do was eat it, learn from it & move on. If this is how you judge block/charge plays then I'm sure you very rarely reward anybody for good defense. One has gotta be there pretty quick in your ballgames
If I'm the coach & I see you walk in the arena, I'm telling my players "when he's on the baseline dont take any charges tonight & drive right through the defense."

*Hint-Hint* Good coaches, figure out what their dealing with & adjust their squads accordingly... they dont try to change calls or simply complain about the officiating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
If you are working D2 games you should know what " the guard shall have attained legal position before the opponent left the playing court" means without have to infer anything.
Location, location, location...
Old Wed Aug 03, 2011, 05:19pm
Esteemed Forum Member

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet ...

Quote:
Real big of you to resort to name calling.
Name calling? Just wait until Jurassic Referee returns from his sabbatical. You'll hear names you've never heard before. Names that drunken sailors have never heard before. Names that Bobby Knight has never heard before. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Aug 03, 2011, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

This is ridiculous based on NoFear's logic, defense must determine the path of attacking player and position themselves prior to the ball being gathered and a the offense picking a path.

Defense can either not help on drive's ever in his games or they have ESP.

Me: Thanks, but why the big rush.

Coach: Oh I thought you must have a big date . . .we're not the only ones your planning on F$%&ing tonite are we!
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 10:09am
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Absofreakinglutely, call it like it is Brad!

An important factor that hasn't been brought up is the team officiating concept. I think its safe to say that 80% of us say its not a p/c. The more important piece would be "why" was it ruled incorrectly?
Lead didn't have a great position and got surprised -- simple as that.

We miss calls for two reasons: Out of position and lack of concentration. This one was both.
Old Thu Aug 04, 2011, 10:41am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Lead didn't have a great position and got surprised -- simple as that.

We miss calls for two reasons: Out of position and lack of concentration. This one was both.
I have always liked Jim Evans's line. Yes, he is a baseball umpire, but his words apply equally to any sport:

"Surprise is the umpire's biggest enemy." Substitute "official's" for "umpire's".