LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jun 02, 2011, 05:37pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Official Zombie ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I'm a one-handed reporting official.
So is she:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Jun 02, 2011, 06:32pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Seriously?
Old Thu Jun 02, 2011, 06:58pm
Official Forum Member

Are you freaking kidding me Billy?
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Jun 02, 2011, 07:05pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Actually, Cold, Not Cool ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Are you freaking kidding me Billy?
Hey. Zombies are cool. Look at the ratings for Walking Dead last season. Kids today really dig zombies.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Thu Jun 02, 2011, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

You know what would also be cool? If instead you didn't post stupid images like you try to do in every thread, and actually stick to the subject at hand.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Jun 02, 2011, 07:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Sticky Subject ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
You know what would also be cool? If instead you didn't post stupid images like you try to do in every thread, and actually stick to the subject at hand.
For what it's worth, in my little corner of Connecticut, one hand reporting, vocalizing the numeral(s), i.e. "Four. Two.", not "Forty-two". Some will flip their hand over for the second numeral, most don't.

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Jun 03, 2011 at 06:26am.
Old Fri Jun 17, 2011, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sak View Post
when doing one handed reporting we are supposed to vocalize the number that is on our hand "five, two" rather than "fifty-two."

how many actually do that?
omg smh!!!!
Old Fri Jun 17, 2011, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

If I had my way, I'd cut off the hand of anyone doing two handed reporting. Its totally unnecessary (at least for HS and College and less than 5 as a digit -- and since there are plenty of numbers, that is sufficient) and potentially confusing.

Please: why does everything have to move to mimic what professional leagues are doing? Adopting good ideas and ones that benefit the game are fine, but a wholesale changeover for the hell of it (half circle in the lane is one of the better, more stupid idea, examples)?
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 12:16am
Official Forum Member

we as a officials need to COMMUNICATE clearly obviously you have to use judgement say in a jv game. young scorekeeper, you may want to ask him or her what is best for them upper level games IMO two-hand works best be efficient be calm but keep the game moving
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 07:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAK View Post
When doing one handed reporting we are supposed to vocalize the number that is on our hand "Five, two" rather than "Fifty-two."

How many actually do that?

Every clinician/supervisor/assigner I've ever met has said say the number, not the digits.
Old Mon Jun 20, 2011, 09:22am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
upper level games IMO two-hand works best be efficient be calm but keep the game moving
I have to guess, but it seems this is your final sentence, and I would say it's not always true. Do what works in your area, and do what the powers want.
Old Thu Jun 23, 2011, 02:37am
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I have to guess, but it seems this is your final sentence, and I would say it's not always true. Do what works in your area, and do what the powers want.
I wont say which district im in but lets just say most of our officials are behind a little bit they believe all change is bad. In my case im not looking to officiate in this area too much longer im looking at bigger and better things (jr college and up) so I dont care what my Dist director says im going to do it most efficiently.
Old Thu Jun 23, 2011, 07:23am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
I wont say which district im in but lets just say most of our officials are behind a little bit they believe all change is bad. In my case im not looking to officiate in this area too much longer im looking at bigger and better things (jr college and up) so I dont care what my Dist director says im going to do it most efficiently.
Then you don't plan on making much money prior to moving up to JuCo and beyond.
Old Thu Jun 23, 2011, 07:47am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Then you don't plan on making much money prior to moving up to JuCo and beyond.
And I would be hesitant to quickly jump on them and assume they don't know what they're doing. Unless you're moving out of the area, I would also assume the high school leadership has at least some significant say (due to overlap and all that) in who gets picked for college ball.
Old Thu Jun 23, 2011, 07:52am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
And I would be hesitant to quickly jump on them and assume they don't know what they're doing. Unless you're moving out of the area, I would also assume the high school leadership has at least some significant say (due to overlap and all that) in who gets picked for college ball.
And a JuCo supervisor is likely to reach out to the HS supervisor/commissioner for some feedback on a prospect.