The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 12, 2011, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I can show literally a hundred plays at the NCAA and even more at the NF level of travels that show up on tape that are not called or could be called into question. But for some reason the NBA get criticized and I have some reasons why, but that is another conversation for another day.

Peace
Some day soon? Inquiring minds want to know!
I have begun to draw conclusions as to "why" but facts would be better
Old Thu May 12, 2011, 04:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tref View Post
Some day soon? Inquiring minds want to know!
I have begun to draw conclusions as to "why" but facts would be better
Facts are always going to be in dispute on discussions like this. Even if I say what I "think," someone will say I am wrong. As I said, I am waiting for the right time and right discussion. We have not reached that time yet.

Funny, I do not hear these same comments about the other leagues at the professional level. SmileyCentral.com

Peace
Old Thu May 12, 2011, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

FAR more traveling plays are called incorrectly at the NFHS and NCAA levels than at the NBA level.

Unfortunately, it seems as though some people will ALWAYS hold the same incorrect opinion no matter how many facts are presented that would prove the contrary (and I'm not even talking politics here...)
Old Thu May 12, 2011, 05:04pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLH View Post
We are all quite impressed how you KNOW so much about the NBA. I'm sure that Jeff VanGundy and Mark Jackson have taught you well via TNT, because they fancy themselves as quite the rule experts. Now, this play was posted to inspire a discussion as the whether this was a travel or not, it was not an opportunity for you to regale us with your personal opinions of how you feel the NBA is officiated. If you do not like or disagree with the league and its rules, then please, do not watch, I promise noone will care. Further, some on this board enjoy discussing plays and learning from others with varying levels of experience and leagues. Nothing is gained from you interjecting your ill feelings toward the NBA. If you do not wish to partake in watching or learning from things that happen in the NBA, then kindly refrain from taking part in them and wait until a topic comes along which piques your interest.

Warmest Regards,
Me
Piss off. I'll post whenever and whatever I want without regard for azzholes like you. When you become a damn moderator, maybe then you can make up the damn rules here.
Screw You,
ME.
Old Thu May 12, 2011, 05:09pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Kinder And Gentler ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Piss off. I'll post whenever and whatever I want without regard for azzholes like you. When you become a damn moderator, maybe then you can make up the damn rules here. Screw You.
C'mon Jurassic Referee. Tell us what you really think. Don't hold back.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu May 12, 2011 at 05:28pm.
Old Thu May 12, 2011, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I know they don't call traveling by their own rules. And I hate to say it, but current NBA officiating is by far the worse officiating of the four major sports. It is consistent in it's inconsistency. I'm far from being a rookie but I don't have a clue what comprises a foul in that league anymore.

And I'm sureashell not the only one that shares that view.

I'm not a hater either. I just think that NBA officiating today is entertainment driven. I used to love watching NBA games. Now? Bleh! Sports entertainment like And 1.
I guess you don't watch enough games...by your own admission you don't watch the NBA, so I don't know how you can say if traveling is called or not. I can tell you I watch many more games than you and travels are called consistency...fouls are call consistency. I can watch any NCAA or high school game and there will be countless missed travels...or calls that are "traveling" yet aren't...guess those league's aren't calling the game by their own rules.

And if we want to talk about fouls, it's even worse at the lower levels. There's a reason people believe certain styles are acceptable in some conference compared to another. You've got your conference assignor who you're going to listen to...instead of what Adams says because he's not giving you games during the season. I can tell you that I have trouble knowing what a foul is because what's a foul in the Big XII might not be a foul in the Big East. Add the fact that there are many more officials and that makes the NCAA "consistent in its inconsistency."

I think CLH's and some other's (including me) frustration is that you never give your opinion on the play unless the clip is from NCAA or high school. It seems like you always give us the same spiel that "stars get the calls, there's no traveling, I don't know what a foul is, it's the NBA, not the refs." You post all this without fail if the NBA is mentioned. I would suggest that sometimes, just give an answer without giving us your unchanging opininion, but I won't tell you how to post because apparently that is something you hold dear and we've seen how maturely you react about that subject.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Fri May 13, 2011 at 11:36am.
Old Thu May 12, 2011, 08:17pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
I guess you don't watch enough games...by your own admission you don't watch the NBA, so I don't know how you can say if traveling is called or not. I can tell you I watch many more games than you and travels are called consistency...fouls are call consistency. I can watch any NCAA or high school game and there will be countless missed travels...or calls that are "traveling" yet aren't...guess those league's aren't calling the game by their own rules.

And if we want to talk about fouls, it's even worse at the lower levels. There's a reason people believe certain styles are acceptable in some conference compared to another. You've got your conference assignor who you're going to listen to...instead of what Adams says because he's not giving you games during the season. I can tell you that I have trouble knowing what a foul is because what's a foul in the Big XII might not be a foul in the Big East. Add the fact that there are many more officials and that makes that NCAA is "consistent in its inconsistency."

I think CLH's and some other's (including me) frustration is that you never give your opinion on the play unless the clip is from NCAA or high school. It seems like you always give us the same spiel that "stars get the calls, there's no traveling, I don't know what a foul is, it's the NBA, not the refs." You post all this without fail if the NBA is mentioned. I would suggest that sometimes, just give an answer without giving us your unchanging opininion, but I won't tell you how to post because apparently that is something you hold dear and we've seen how maturely you react about that subject.
Sigh.....

Another one that wants to dictate what, how and when I post...no matter his protestations.

You're right. I gave you my opinion. Apparently you and the other dildo don't think I should be allowed to voice that opinion because it doesn't happen to agree with your opinion. That's cool though. I can accept that that we don't agree. Too bad that you couldn't.

Soooooooop, I guess enough is enough. You win. Time to disappear again.

Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Ciao
Old Thu May 12, 2011, 08:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Sigh.....

Another one that wants to dictate what, how and when I post...no matter his protestations.

You're right. I gave you my opinion. Apparently you and the other dildo don't think I should be allowed to voice that opinion because it doesn't happen to agree with your opinion. That's cool though. I can accept that that we don't agree. Too bad that you couldn't.

Soooooooop, I guess enough is enough. You win. Time to disappear again.

Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Ciao
Except that's the thing...you didn't give your opinion on the play, and it seems you never do if it involves an NBA play. No questions or discussion about the play...only your same rant. If this was a thread discussion NBA officiating in general, then your comments would be perfectly in line...when we're discussing a single play, not so.

JR, if you want to do the proverbial "pick up your ball and leave" that's your decision. I don't understand why you've reverted to name calling when no one has done that except you. I didn't tell you how you should post rather gave a suggestion that it would be nice every now and then if you'd just answer the play in question and provide substance for discussion.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.