The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 12:40am
Official Forum Member

Question

...on the court after a game you just officiated?

Did anyone else see the official on Saturday's game do just that?

Sure he's the hottest thing going, but does this cross the line?

Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 12:44am
Official Forum Member

I did not see the footage you are referencing

I can not imagine what would be a justifiable reason an official would want to have their picture taken w/ Lebron James; especially immediately after the game you just officiated with him as a participant.

Absolutely NOT, what I would do.
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 01:31am
Do not give a damn!!

I did see it.

I felt a little uneasy about it. But that is something that each official would have to decide himself. I was wondering why he was still around on the court. I personally would not have been in that situation to get a picture like that. Maybe after the game outside somewhere, but I definitely would not do this in front of everyone. I think he got caught up in the moment.

Peace
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 02:28am
Official Forum Member

Very unprofessional. I have nothing against Mr. James, but would never pose for a picture before or after any game I officiated that he participated in.

Z
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 07:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Here's my only possible reason for taking the picture while still on the court. I would say the picture is ok if and only if the picture is to be sold or donated to a charity. Perhaps the official helps out with a charity and the picture is to be auctioned off. That's the only thing I can think of that would justify it for me, personally. Maybe this guy has another reason that we haven't thought of. Maybe it was just dumb. I don't know.

Chuck
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 09:07am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Maybe this guy has another reason that we haven't thought of. Maybe it was just dumb.
Maybe he was just one of those New Yawk officials!
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

I don't believe I'd do that either. What I would do is have a friend attend the game and tell him/her to be sure to get some good pictures during the game of myself standing beside him or talking with him. This would make a great wall hanger or conversation piece, but I don't think it would be appropriate to "pose" for a picture immediately after the game one just officiated. JMO

Does anyone know where I could take a look at this picture?

[Edited by Buckeye12 on Feb 10th, 2003 at 02:17 PM]
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

I saw most of the game, but did not see that. I hate to jugde officials for their actions without being able to talk with them. But, I too, have a hard time understanding what would justify that.

I did, however, see that they let him play almost the entire 4th quarter with his uniform untucked. I don't particularly think that we should have to dress the kids, too, but our State Office is really hammering us with that rule.

Blackhawk
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 04:25pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Cool

Yes. I would have my picture taken with him if he was wearing a suit and holding up one of his term papers.

After all, that store gave him those jerseys for his academic achievements, didn't it?
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 05:26pm
Official Forum Member

Which one of us would not like to have had a picture with the Young Jordan or Young Magic when they were entering the NBA.

I agree that I question the timing but what a story to tell the grandkids that I once officiated so and so.

We are all fans of the game but as officials we shopuld pick and choose the moment top make special requests. Can't say I would have turned down the same opportunity.

Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye12
I don't believe I'd do that either. What I would do is have a friend attend the game and tell him/her to be sure to get some good pictures during the game of myself standing beside him or talking with him. This would make a great wall hanger or conversation piece, but I don't think it would be appropriate to "pose" for a picture immediately after the game one just officiated. JMO

Does anyone know where I could take a look at this picture?

[Edited by Buckeye12 on Feb 10th, 2003 at 02:17 PM]
It was shown a couple of times on ESPN Sports Center. That is where I saw it and as soon as it popped up on the screen, I was thinking -- "why would he do that"?
Old Mon Feb 10, 2003, 10:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Maybe this guy has another reason that we haven't thought of. Maybe it was just dumb.
Maybe he was just one of those New Yawk officials!
Hey, if it was on of them New Yawkahs he would have run Lebron down on the way to the dressing room, only stopping to go through his pockets.

Woody says hi.

Old Tue Feb 11, 2003, 04:17am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
[/B]
Hey, if it was on of them New Yawkahs he would have run Lebron down on the way to the dressing room, only stopping to go through his pockets.

Woody says hi.
[/B][/QUOTE]Unless it was The Boss.If it was him,he'd have LeBron under contract by now!

Woody sez hi to Woody.
Old Tue Feb 11, 2003, 05:23am
In Memoriam

This just in....

Looks like someone complained about him.From today's paper:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/st...5p-55188c.html